motorised dish problems

bograt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star innovation hd with 90cm motorised dish
My Location
oldham uk
i have a fortec star innovation hd with motorised dish it has worked fine for 6 months but last week i moved from astra to hotbird and had trouble finding a signal so went back to astra with was ok,never thought anything of it but next time i started system up i had no signal so tried a diff satellite...nothing,when i move the dish it picks up the channel for a sec then the picture freezes and it comes up no signal its as if the dish is moving past where it should be so now i have no channels at all on any sat,i tried a friends sky box and thats the same.
the green light still shows on the motor so it cant need resetting, anyone have any ideas as i tried 10 installing companies in oldham and none will touch a motorised system so im stuck with a duff system.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Hi,

Assuming you're using DiSEqC 1.2 for positioning, can you improve on reception by nudging when the motor stops?

This control should be in motor menu, move East/West.

bograt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star innovation hd with 90cm motorised dish
My Location
oldham uk
there is no motor menu on the innovation so i cant nudge it but it is using diseqc1.2 for movement. we had high winds rescently im assuming it has been blown out of alianment by this.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Possible, but there should be a motor control option on the receiver. Seeing if you can improve reception but nudging the motor will help indicate if the dish is off the arc.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Try sending it back to the zero reference point. This will clear the counter and the receiver will send the motor to the original positions. If there is still no signal, then you know something is not right up top.