Motorised sat instal needed portsmouth area dm8000

jim1974

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / Fixed 28`
My Location
South Central UK
Hi all, I have a Dreambox 8000, currently fitted with a couple of twin tuners and on a fixed Sky dish.

I have a spare tuner installed, and the cable is all in place running to the outside of the house, and now I need a motorised dish nailed up and aligned.

Can anyone recommend / or know / a motorised dish installer that can supply a dish, fit and connect etc - access is easy onto the flat roof extension.

I already have the LNB, and Dark Motor, so need just the dish, bracket etc and some time.

I know a few "sky" installers, but I really would feel better if a professional guy could be recommended that has motorised experience!

Thanks for any help or numbers recieved...

JIM

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
What dish would you like on the end of the system ?

I have been known to install satellite equipment at the other end of the A3 in the past.

jim1974

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / Fixed 28`
My Location
South Central UK
I guess a 90cm of a good variety?

I have a good Invacom LNB and ***** dark motor, so after the best match for this. I have had a little look and a triax 88 would look idel, but open to advice/recommendations on this.

House is virtually south facing with no trees, so almost full e/w coverage.

Oh, and good tea/coffee/biscuit supply :)

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Dimensions of the Triax dish are (or were) 850 x953 mm. I have not installed one for quite a few years.

This would pass our local planning requirements. If it is within those of Portsmouth then I can order one in the next day or so.

I trust your LNB is a quad type with integral feedhorn ?

It is your house and there are no additional restrictions (conservation area) etc. Just asking

Btw I spent quite a few years near the airport at the end of Eastern Road when I was a lot younger.

jim1974

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / Fixed 28`
My Location
South Central UK
Yep, it's my house and no restrictions on planning, we live just outside a cons. area but not actually in one.

The LNB is a good one (Invacom something, I'll check in a bit).

I am actually in Gosport, but easier to say portsmouth as nobody seems to know where gosport is lol!!

Is a triax a good dish and compatible with my als@t dark motor etc, or is there a better option? Id rather get it right ;)

jim1974

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / Fixed 28`
My Location
South Central UK
Yep, LNB is a standard 0.3 db invacom single output, so I guess will be fine :)

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The Triax is OK, but I the most common dish of that size up here is the Orbital, either 80cm or 1m. I've had no trouble with either, though the 1m version does exceed planning regs by a short margin (991 x 1089 mm) .

The motor has a 50-60mm arm and the dishes bolt onto it with two clamps.

Surely you would want more than one incoming signal for the receiver ?

jim1974

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / Fixed 28`
My Location
South Central UK
My existing fixed sky dish will remain, as this has a quad lnb which feeds two of the tuners in my dm8000, leaving another two free outputs for another (or possibly two) sat receivers if I decide to add later.

The motorised dish will only be used for the dm8000.

If it will be ok with the al$at dark motor, Could you let me know a price for supply and fit of the 1mtr (as it is going on the rear of the house at low level, either on or above the flat roof extension). Please can you also include for the necessary wall mount, and possibly around 2mtrs of cable as it *may* need extending, depending where it is best to install on the wall.

PM is fine, or if you prefer, email is [Email removed- Admin], obviously will be cash, and hopefully before Christmas if you are able?

I'd much rather keep the money with guys like you here on the forum, as it helps keep the hobby alive!

Jim

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
jim1974 said:
If it will be ok with the al$at dark motor, Could you let me know a price for supply and fit of the 1mtr (as it is going on the rear of the house at low level, either on or above the flat roof extension). Please can you also include for the necessary wall mount, and possibly around 2mtrs of cable as it *may* need extending, depending where it is best to install on the wall.

Is there likely to be a reason why the wall would not be suitable ?
If so you would require concrete blocks and a groundstand to keep the dish down
Would the flat roof be good enough for around 130 kgs of concrete ?