Motorised setup: Receiving only 28.2 degrees Astra 2 no signal from other satellite

shadow0007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400 motorised
My Location
Ireland
Have motorised dish set up using 80cm dish. Reeiver is Targa USAL and Disc 1.2 enabled but can only get reception on Astra 2 showing 74% quality (dish elevation 23 degrees) but nothing whatsoever on other satellites. Have adjusted the horizontal settings and dish elevation for Hotbird and Astra 19.2, also Atlantic Bird 3 at 5W which I believe is due south from me (Lat 55.6N and 5.66 E) but to no avail. Have read all the relevant threads on horizontal azimuth and dish elevation. Grateful if anyone could suggest reason for this.
Regards Shadow007

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
shadow0007 said:
Have adjusted the horizontal settings and dish elevation for Hotbird and Astra 19.2, also Atlantic Bird 3 at 5W which I believe is due south from me (Lat 55.6N and 5.66 E) but to no avail.

Did you set the dish /motor up on 5W as per the motor setup guides?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
What has your supplier advised on the equipment sold to you ?

shadow0007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400 motorised
My Location
Ireland
satelliteman said:
Did you set the dish /motor up on 5W as per the motor setup guides?

Yes but had no success. If I have set the dish elevation at 23 degrees for Astra 2 and get a picture, should the elevation automatically be ok for Atlantic Bird at 5W when I send it round with USALS or DISC 1.2?

Thanks for your interest

shadow0007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400 motorised
My Location
Ireland
Channel Hopper said:
What has your supplier advised on the equipment sold to you ?

Have not contacted supplier as it seems to be ok. I have replaced the dish with 80cm and was previously getting 5W.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
shadow0007 said:
Have not contacted supplier as it seems to be ok. I have replaced the dish with 80cm and was previously getting 5W.

Have you only replaced the dish, or have you added more outside ?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
shadow0007 said:
Yes but had no success. If I have set the dish elevation at 23 degrees for Astra 2 and get a picture, should the elevation automatically be ok for Atlantic Bird at 5W when I send it round with USALS or DISC 1.2?

Thanks for your interest

You can't have followed the guide as it would have worked better if you had, also the guide doesn't advise aligning the dish on 28e, it says to do it at your due south. Follow the guide step by step mate and assuming the pole is vertical and clear line of sight it should work pretty well.

shadow0007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400 motorised
My Location
Ireland
Channel Hopper said:
Have you only replaced the dish, or have you added more outside ?

No, just replaced the dish. Will try dish pointing again in a few days time using 5W as due south..

shadow0007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400 motorised
My Location
Ireland
Robbo said:
You can't have followed the guide as it would have worked better if you had, also the guide doesn't advise aligning the dish on 28e, it says to do it at your due south. Follow the guide step by step mate and assuming the pole is vertical and clear line of sight it should work pretty well.
Thanks. I agree. I thought the USALS would solve my problems. Back to base. Will start again. Thanks again for your interest.