Motorised system set up

tech51

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan ST350 PVR, 120Gb Hd, 80cm dish on Digipower DiSEqC motor, DragonCAM & Loader, Infinity Phoenix on Homebrew PC 2.4 Ghz 512 Mb RAM, 200Gb Hd.
Hi there, just to let you all know that I got the system sort of up & running. The ST350 seems to have a few bugs in the software, or perhaps it's just me? Usin the USALS function, I can get Astra 28*E perfectly as with 23*E & 19*E but when I try to bring in Hotbirb at 13*E it seems to oveshoot it.
Any Ideas? Ive posted a query on the Manhattan site but no one as yet has replied.

tech51

tech51

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan ST350 PVR, 120Gb Hd, 80cm dish on Digipower DiSEqC motor, DragonCAM & Loader, Infinity Phoenix on Homebrew PC 2.4 Ghz 512 Mb RAM, 200Gb Hd.
Oh as for the knee replacement, what I went in for was the orthoscopy, I'm getting what's called an "Oxford Knee" on the twenty-ninth of this month, I thought I was getting the whole deal on the eighth, got to get all phsyched up again, wears the nerves a little what with this MRSA thing and all.

Thanks for all the support.

Tomy

H

Happy-Buddah

I bought a Manhattan ST100 Plaza a few weeks ago. Put in my Long and Lat, drove it straight to Hotbird, got an update of the software OTA. The receiver goes from 45east (lost 53east due to leaves on trees but will get it back in the fall) to 61west with no trouble at all. Either you do not have line of sight, your lat and long is incorrect or you have a software fault which an update should rectify.
Regards H-B
PS
Have you seen http://www.oxfordknee.net/patient/home.html?
H-B

tech51

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
That's the very same bumf they showed me at the clinic when they told me about the "half knee" replacement, wonderfully simple bit of kit isn't it. Anyway back to reality.... Thanks to you all I've got a totally working system! Everything just falls in when the button'e pressed, I'm being quite adventurous now, looking further & further to the East & West. Doesn't look as though as there's a great deal up there, not like I can remember from my analogue days. Anyway the "Black Arts" of card programming are now at risk as I've just reprogrammed my Dragon card to Predator version 3.12 and feel rather euphoric that everything worked afterwards. What a great place this is, I only hope that I will be able to provide the same quality of assistance to someone else in need.

Thanks to you all.
Tommy

hightower

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+ patched reciever, NTL pace box, Smart 0.2dB titanium LNB, 80cm dish, Manhattan HH120 motor, AMD 64bit 3500+, 1GB ram, 3x120gig 1x200gig HDs.
My Location
Glasgow
I think i will bookmark this thread, my motor is arriving tomorrow and is the same type! Im also in glasgow so this will be a big help :) Thanks for the info :D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
:D That's about five hours saved at least!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
hightower said:
I think i will bookmark this thread, my motor is arriving tomorrow and is the same type! Im also in glasgow so this will be a big help :) Thanks for the info :D

:-Welcome1 Hightower

I hope your name has nothing to do with your installation site :-doh!

hightower

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+ patched reciever, NTL pace box, Smart 0.2dB titanium LNB, 80cm dish, Manhattan HH120 motor, AMD 64bit 3500+, 1GB ram, 3x120gig 1x200gig HDs.
My Location
Glasgow
gameboy said:
:-Welcome1 Hightower

I hope your name has nothing to do with your installation site :-doh!

:D No don't worry it hasn't, im 6'7" so no need for big ladders for the roof a little set of steps should do :D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
:D

Good luck. You've chosen your equipment well and should soon being enjoying to the full.

tech51

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hi Hitower,( I sound like a Third Lanark supporter)
I live in Cambuslang so the info given by the boys is spot on. I printed everything out and keep it with the rest of the satellite receiver paperwork. I'd be interested to hear what you're getting with the 80cm dish. Only real problem I had was the fact that I live in what used to be the old Hallside Steel works, so a compass was totally useless, depending on where you stood, North & South would change places??? Really frustrating so a bit of old school sky watching, bit of luck and immense help from the worthy members of this forum did the trick.
best bird I've found is, of course, Hotbird @ 13*E. Wish I could get the ITV channels on 28*E though. Does anyone know if the freeview card from Sly would work in my box so as I could get the ITV channels?

If I can be of any help, don't hesitate, everything's still fresh in my mind and I'm "fine tuning" my system regularly so it's about at its optimum now.

Tech51

RedAltoGL

Now leaving, thanks all.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LNB, Dish, Motor, Cable, Receivers all taken down and donated to a newbie.
My Location
London
Howdy tech51
I am led to believe that the "freeview cards" only work in "sky" boxes due to the encription method used.
Redmund.

hightower

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow
Hi tech,

Im just round the corner from you in cathcart!
Well newlands but same thing,
Im just in the proccess of my install, everything set up, just
having a few problems, which ive started a new thread about :D
So far so good with the 80cm dish, well on the east side anyway!!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
RedAltoGL said:
Howdy tech51
I am led to believe that the "freeview cards" only work in "sky" boxes due to the encription method used.
Redmund.

They should also work in the Dragon CAM IIRC.

As long as you have a CI slot in your receiver, and it's compatible with the Dragon CAM, you should be OK.

tech51

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dragon CAM is compatible with my ST350, the problem I'm having now is trying to get someone at S*y to understand what I want. I thing their call centre must have moved from Livingston to the Sub Continent. Can't get a word of sense from them???

tech51

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Incidently, I don't get anything at all from the "Thor cluster" get everything West of that up to about 45*w but nothing registers on my receiver when I look for Thor, no signal or anything? I think I'll try to force a DL from Manhattan.

How are getting on with your system Hitower?