Motorised System

4685simon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky tv Phillips MT2400 Desktop pc
My Location
UK
Hi Everyone I'm new to the satelite world so i appologise for maybe sounding a little thick Lol!!

I'm looking to set up a motorised system I'm quite technical minded as i'm an electrician, I mainly want it for the football to be honest.

I'm looking for any advice on what the best system would be for myself. I've been told to try and get a dreambox, Is this a good idea or would i be better off with a different reciever?

Thanks for all your time, Any advice will be greatfully recieved.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Firstly welcome to th forum Simon.

As a newbie to this wonderful hobby, I would suggest you start off with an entry level receiver at first. The Technomates have proved to be very rewarding and are fairly easy to use. Once you have got the hang of things then upgrading would be the next step

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ditto, nothing outside will need changing and you could always resell the receiver once you have progressed.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
4685simon said:
I'm looking to set up a motorised system I'm quite technical minded as i'm an electrician, I mainly want it for the football to be honest.

Notwithstanding equipment considerations, there isn't much Football available these days without Subscription.

Encryption algorithms are increasingly secure.