Motorised zone 2 minidish problem

gbuzz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised zone 2 minidish, vu+ duo, azbox premium, spiderbox
My Location
HALIFAX WEST YORKSHIRE
Hi,

I have a zone 2 motorised minidish on the roof. Had it up for about a month now. I can get all transponders on 13 east, 19.2 east & 28.2 east and most transponders on 39 east but it struggles with 1 west. I know I can get these sats in my area as my dad has a 60cm circular dish just down the road. When it was installed the guy who did the job put a quad lnb on and put skew as if he was lining it up with 28.2. am I right in saying a motorised dish doesnt need skew? Also I think he used 19.2 as reference sat. I know from my dads dish that to get 1 west and 39 east the elevation has to be spot on, but could the quad lnb be the cause of my problem

Thanks

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
The skew of all Astra satellites is 7.5 degrees clockwise of where it should be. This means that with a motorised setup if your skew is perfect for Astra it will be out on all other satellites (and vice versa).

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
With a motorised system, the skew should be set to zero for your due South satellite.

A Zone 2 is too small for 1W.

SM

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
85cm Penta Dish (motored)
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Quali-TV (4:2:2)
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
satelliteman said:
With a motorised system, the skew should be set to zero for your due South satellite.

A Zone 2 is too small for 1W.

SM

zone 2 is no problem at all for me on all canal digital channels....apart from the odd RCS channel