Motors with metal gears?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'll take that risk, but I tested it before taking the cover off. :) To be quite honest, it is hardly worth sending these cheap motors back if you have to do it by post, best to write it off to experience. :)

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
24" SuperJack,Clark-Tech V-Box
Laminas120cm CM P.M 75e-30w
18" Superjack, Clark-Tech V-Box
Gibertini XP premium 100cm
Polar Mount, 12" Superjack
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
Turok said:
moteck is not simular to darkmotor,i dont know maybe golde interstar has also his own oem manufactor,in an old dr dish isue,the also told,the the make there products alone,but i cant belive this,the buy most of the parts in taiwan!

i have a motor it called bigsat range up to 75 east and its oem made by motech
Sorry missunderstanding... i did not mean that the Golden Interstar and the Moteck is the same.
I just wanted to inform that Moteck really make motors to other brands,some says no they dont.

The Clarke-Tech motor are spec with metalgears so when they arrive i will open them up to see whats inside.

It looks that Golden Interstar ,Clarke-Tech,Darkmotor,Powetech are the same at the outside.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have started a thread in the Pictures of Members' systems section Hakon, so we can keep a permanent record, so when you post them here, I'll make a copy to that thread. :)

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
24" SuperJack,Clark-Tech V-Box
Laminas120cm CM P.M 75e-30w
18" Superjack, Clark-Tech V-Box
Gibertini XP premium 100cm
Polar Mount, 12" Superjack
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
I did find some more info about these DiSEqC motors.
It looks like there are different make of the OEM PowerTech.
Dark grey = Metal gear, even the big maingear
Silver = Plastic gear
There are also manual or automatic zero backlash adjustment.

_http://sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Motors/HH-Motors.htm
_http://sadoun.com/Sat/Order/motor-comparison.pdf

@rolfw
The one you took picture off looks like a Moteck ?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
does anyone ever try to replace the plastic gears in some motors including smr1224 jager,to metall gear version?
would be a nice workshop:)

Satcom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 Meter Primestar Elliptical C/KU. Twinhan 1025 PCI(Linux), Coolsat 6000, Winegard 76 cm dish. 8' Unimesh, HCC9300 Receiver.
Diamond 9000 HD, 1m prime focus, 1.2 m prime focus, both on C Band.
My Location
Chicago
In USA the Digiwave motors are sold as SG2100 and newer model SG6000. The SG2100 is also branded Motek by some vendors.

In the picture from Rolfw post above you can see the PCB is marked SG2100.

There were three different versions of this motor here the 'One button" motor was considered the best. Some do diseqc 1.2 only and some do USALS. However, they likely don't have license from Stab to use USALS.

Plastic gear or metal gear will run smooth and quiet if "Backlash" is adjusted properly. http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...280-backlash-adjustment-moteck-sg-2100-a.html has instructions on adjusting backlash.

From what I've seen, the original SG2100 was a Tiawan product. China took over production at lower cost, greater profitability for vendors. Quality control was terrible at first. Now with SG6000 better quality and better design. With SG6000 they copied the Stab mounting bracket and solved the bracket deformation problem with the SG2100.

The DG series has the metal gear but does not seem to work any better for 1.2 meter dish.

DARKMOTOR

EAGLE TEAM
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite man
My Location
UK
DarkMotor is the Leader
New Motor in Market in UK
Supreme Intelligent DarkMotor Led Display Calculator and Metal Gear .

Attachments

• inside1.gif
    inside1.gif
    120.7 KB · Views: 38
  • slidegif.gif
    slidegif.gif
    139 KB · Views: 39