Advice Needed Moving from sky/require PCNE channel 785 sky

alggomas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky standard service monthly DD
Computer: 16gb ram 1terrabyte HD and 256gb SSD Win 7 standard
My Location
London
The cost of sky including multi room is now over £600 per year!

My mother in law loves the PCNE channel for soaps and the animal channels, e.g. National geographic etc.
We would still like the system where my mother in law can watch her channels in her bedroom and us, other channels downstairs.
I have been asking around: We can get one type of box that will enable us to see many channels using the sky satellite in place, [£250], but to see PCNE and other international stations it will be £450.00 as a new dish is also required.
Apart from the cost, is this possible and will it be easy for my 96 year old mother in law to use. She can operate sky remote plus her VCR and cd player remotes.
Any useful advice and suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
PCNE is transmitted free - pull the card out of the Sky box to prove it to yourself so any satellite receiver will do for you.

You could just leave the Sky box in the bedroom and you will get all the free channels working fine - although the record function will cease to work if its a pvr box in there.

If you want continued access to pay channels then to be honest Sky is the best bet.....