Moving from Technomate to Dreamweaver?

Greiffel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM600 box, Windows 7 pc
My Location
Europe
Hi there,
I have a TM600 but have struggled to get it set up to show sky etc with the white card.

I got the impression a while back that it would be easier to do with a dreambox, so am considering biting the bullet and buying one.

I need to please know which dreambox is best in order to do the following:

• pick up the paid for premium channels
  • record to USB/external HDD
  • FTP to PC

HD isn't necesarry as I dont pay for the HD channels so assume it wouldn't work anyway

Thanks in advance! :-worship

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you are having problems with the Technomnate chances are you will struggle with any other Linux box. They are all fairly similar.

For ease of use a Sky+ box is the easiest :D

A nonymous

Reaction score
Its easy to get the white card to work with a TM600 :confused

Just Install EDG Nemesis 4.4 or 5.0 on it and then install the newest version of CCCam. It will read the white card no bother at all :D

You will however have to find and ftp the extra.url file over to the box so it can download and install the emus required. You will also need to figure out the boxkey from the serial number of your Sky reciver in order for the box to open the premium channels from the card.

Use the cccam.cfg file that is installed with the emu, and modify it to suit.

If you are still insistant on another box thats not HD i would recommend you go for the Dreambox DM600PVR or a second hand Dreambox DM7020Si.

The EDG Nemesis 4.4 image is also available for the Dreambox 600 and 7020Si, although i think version 5 is only available for the 7020Si.

Nano

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 800HD DreamBox 7025 PVR160g HD,500s Dreambox ,Sly+ Full Package,SkyCard 2, And a Eagle 500 Clone DM500 TM755,TM9100 Linux
Channel Master 1.2m,1224EL Supermount Orbit Tracking Motor With c120 Feed Horn Invacom Quad Lnb Cas3 SC Dragon Progr
My Location
that would be telling
I have had no problem with the white card on any of my dreamboxs I still think having used a techno mate that the dream are far more a better box but saying that I only used the tm9100 Linux technomate and too be fair back then it was pants but times my have changed.

Greiffel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM600 box, Windows 7 pc
My Location
Europe
Analoguesat said:
If you are having problems with the Technomnate chances are you will struggle with any other Linux box. They are all fairly similar.

For ease of use a Sky+ box is the easiest :D
It's a fair point, although I have heard that setting up a Dreambox is more straight forward? Only CCcam to deal with, I think.

nano said:
Its easy to get the white card to work with a TM600 :confused

Just Install EDG Nemesis 4.4 or 5.0 on it and then install the newest version of CCCam. It will read the white card no bother at all :D

You will however have to find and ftp the extra.url file over to the box so it can download and install the emus required. You will also need to figure out the boxkey from the serial number of your Sky reciver in order for the box to open the premium channels from the card.

Use the cccam.cfg file that is installed with the emu, and modify it to suit.

If you are still insistant on another box thats not HD i would recommend you go for the Dreambox DM600PVR or a second hand Dreambox DM7020Si.

The EDG Nemesis 4.4 image is also available for the Dreambox 600 and 7020Si, although i think version 5 is only available for the 7020Si.

Nano
Hi Nano, Thanks for the reply. Is there ANY chance of you helping me a little bit with this? I'm still quite new to it all.
I had a major glitching problem with my TM600 and the only way to get it to work (without glitching) was with CCcam 2104 + NewCS 1.67. So I don't know if a different 'combination' will create glitching again maybe?
Anyway, worth trying I suppose.
I do recall how to find the boxkey (although may need some refreshing!) and know how to FTP.. Done that all before, a while ago.
How do I get EDG Nemesis though?
Thank you for the patience and any help is MUCH appreciated!

A nonymous

Reaction score
Can't find version 4.4 but I have found ver 5.0

Code:
http://www.cccamforum.com/forums/download/index.php?dir=Technomate%20Tools%20and%20Images/TM600/

You use this loader to install the image.

Code:
http://www.cccamforum.com/forums/download/index.php?dir=Technomate%20Tools%20and%20Images/Tools/Technomate_ControlCenter_7_1/

You use this image at your own risk as i have no way of testing it as i no longer own a TM600.

Once you have installed it, you will need to install the extra.url file into var/etc.

You will need to create a file called extra.url in note pad and just copy the url i have pmd to you into file and then save it. Once saved ftp the file to var/etc and then chmod it to 755 (Change the permissions to 755)

Nano