Moving over to the free side...

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Well, I've decided to have a go with moving over to Linux through the use of Kubuntu, and to keep my Windows-based programs I've even learned how to use WinE... :D

But it's still downloading at the moment so I'll have to decide when I have a go with Kubuntu on a spare hard drive... :D

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Yes, U better have the windows ready :)

There is a few drivers that are hard to find for the Linux system

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I had a small run with Lindows, now called Linspire, but found that it wan't really any quicker then XP and there was a distinct lack of free programs available.

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I've installed it without any hitches on my spare 30GB hard drive and I'm using it right now, and I like it so far... :D