Moving to Italy

jjj69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VS X on 110
My Location
Fl, USA
HB13 DB 7000S is discontined. What would be my next best pick.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
jjj69 said:
HB13 DB 7000S is discontined. What would be my next best pick.

The cheapest model is the 500S, but it doesn't have a USB connector at the back or a hard disk installation capability.

Check the latest models from the Dream website and pick the one that would fit your needs and pocket. You might find the 7020S suitable.

When you are in Italy, would you be kind enough to check for me if there are any satellite shops who might be willing to ship a Sky Italia package (Mondo+Cinema) to the Middle East ? Thank you.

stuzeeuk

Dont eat yellow snow
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 88, mulitblock
13E, 19E, 28E
DM 800HD
My Location
Glasgow, Scotland
I would personally go for a UK Sky subscription, you can get American sport on it, if you want. Although it will invovle a bit of jiggery pokery getting it up and running.

You will need to get an official card and box from the UK and have someone activate it on your behalf.

Italian Sky seems OK (not subscribed myself right enough) but you cant beat English Language all the way ......

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
Something also worth mentioning is that if you want sky uk on 28.2e you will need not only a subsciption card but also a sky reciever that will not work very well with other birds. A sky digibox has limited symbol rates, this will limit your choice if you want to watch other channels from around europe.. The system i use is a fixed dish on 28.2e for the many free channels like the bbc and itv ete and another dish which i use for other birds - mainly 19.2e and hotbird at 13e.. Piracy is an option for some of these other packages like premiere , d+, tps and polsat(sky is not cracked).. I use a phoenix apollo reciever for which you can enter keys or load a softcam to unlock many channels( The technomate 1000 series is also a good option as there is loads of support for this box).. You will find that there is much english language content on most packages.. There are many options and i guess it depends on what you want - hope this helps

jjj69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VS X on 110
My Location
Fl, USA
Thanks guys, HB13dish i will keep you posted on the info you are looking for. I should be in Italy in 6 weeks.

jjj69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VS X on 110
My Location
Fl, USA
Kip what bird is premiere , d+, tps and polsat on???

shadows9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 5400

humax hdr
My Location
milan
i am in milan and at the moment have uk sky

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
jjj69 said:
Kip what bird is premiere , d+, tps and polsat on???
Premiere and d+ are on 19.2e - tps and polsat are on hotbird at 13e