2.4m Precision Prime Focus Dish.
Dream 7020, V-Box II
Asus P5K E6570 (twin 2.66meg) CPU 8gig ram
Technisat Skystar2HD
DVBViewer, CoreAVC, VLC
Nebula DTT, 3.7.11
My Location
London
Well chaps I have an Extreme Hornet and to be honest don't have much of a clue what to do with it...:-doh2
In the good olde analogue days it was easy, point and shoot! now it seems i have to be cammed up! Any of you experts :-worship care to tell me what i should cam up with and how? All the posts seem to be rather old for this reciever! I have it attached to my Pc and have managed to make contact but would like to-
1) Update with latest channel lists
2) Get best cam and card to max my channelage
3) Tweek the clock in it to run a bit faster, its always loosing time.
4) Update to latest firmware
5) Have modded it to allow it to be a PVR version but havent upped the power supply yet so it can take a hard drive, what firmware should i use then.
Any help much appreciated

Stu

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum stuboy

First post and you don't really ask for much there from a self help forum.
Unless you decide what it is you want to watch nobody can begin to advise you there is very little open these days and all the rest are subscription. What satellites can you receive, are you motorised?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
stuboy said:
Well chaps I have an Extreme Hornet and to be honest don't have much of a clue what to do with it...:-doh2
In the good olde analogue days it was easy, point and shoot! now it seems i have to be cammed up! Any of you experts :-worship care to tell me what i should cam up with and how? All the posts seem to be rather old for this reciever! I have it attached to my Pc and have managed to make contact but would like to-
1) Update with latest channel lists
2) Get best cam and card to max my channelage
3) Tweek the clock in it to run a bit faster, its always loosing time.
4) Update to latest firmware
5) Have modded it to allow it to be a PVR version but havent upped the power supply yet so it can take a hard drive, what firmware should i use then.
Any help much appreciated

Stu

Hi Stuboy...I've just recently blown the dust off my stb and at the moment I am looking into whats avaliable and worth watching!

A few years ago we were spoilt for choice and had a great variety of pretty much everything :cool:

You mention about modifying your stb to a PVR! What advise or website did you get the info on? As there's been in the past on the old Xtreme site quite a few blown boxes posted on there!

stuboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7020, V-Box II
Technisat Skystar2HD
DVBViewer, CoreAVC, VLC
Nebula DTT, 3.7.11
My Location
London
Ah :-doh! more info yes ok, I can see from 63 East to 48 West with a 2.2 prime focus.
I'd like to watch everything for free just like in the 90's please :) , I suspect i may be asking a bit much nowadays?!
I originally installed system so i could watch outgoing feeds of motor racing Nascar, Champ car, Le Mans etc, now just interested in crusing the sky and seeing whats there, so far it seems every other channel has some soft core phone me bint adorning the screen! Although having RTL is useful when ITV go to adverts on GP days :)
So just want a setup that can deliver the most bang per buck, with this reciever.
Cheers Stuart

stuboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7020, V-Box II
Technisat Skystar2HD
DVBViewer, CoreAVC, VLC
Nebula DTT, 3.7.11
My Location
London
On the mod front yes I've turned it into a PVR hardware wise but i know the PSU wont take a Hard disk without some beefing up, and i still havent blown the PVR version firmware into the rom so it is still a standard box as far as it is concerned, so many jobs so little time! B interested to know what you can get :-worship

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Hi Stuboy....apolagies for the slow reply!

I have to first point out to you that when I last updated my firmware it didn't make too much difference to what I could view!

Its all down to good dish aiming and of course cams or cards. Anything worth watching usually is not free, of course it would be wrong of me to post any info otherwise on that subject!

However I think you need to be more specific on the type of free viewing you are looking for.

stuboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7020, V-Box II
Technisat Skystar2HD
DVBViewer, CoreAVC, VLC
Nebula DTT, 3.7.11
My Location
London
Now you've got me, not really sure, how about max channels for no monthly pounds outlay?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
stuboy said:
Now you've got me, not really sure, how about max channels for no monthly pounds outlay?

What bouquet is that and which satellite is it transmitted from?