moonhead

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar DSB-2110, motorised.
pc, windows xp
My Location
cumbria
Hi all
new user and a bit of a novice i'm afraid, so be gentle!
I bought a matrix reloaded cam (actually a converted magic module) ages ago when they first came out.
As happens i gradually lost all the channels and as i don't have facilities to upgrade myself and the shop i purchased from was no longer allowed to upgrade it for me, it had laid dormant for ages.
I have just had it upgraded through some dealer on ebay. Upon receiving it, it still didn't appear to work(it actually worked on absat for a couple of hours, then that went off as well).
In the ci menu it is dislays MR 1.170, is this the latest version?
I have long had problems with this cam in that it had to be removed and re-initialised regularly, this i had to do more and more frequently. Could it be that the cam is faulty? I was thinking i might just start afresh and buy a dragon cam.
Again i apologise for my ignorance. Any advice will be most welcome.

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
technomate 6900,,and invacom 0.3 quad lnb
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
had same prob cam poor try the dragon dfferent again

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
You will need to program even the dragon from time to time. I suggest you buy a Infinity Phoenix usb and a funcard 6 to start with and see how you get on with the mr. If you still later want to have a dragon use the infinity to program the loader card. Regards, pcd.

moonhead

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pc, windows xp
My Location
cumbria
Thanks for the advice guys, i think i'm definitely going to have to start programming myself. I've tried inputting codes through the mr menu but find it confusing. The tps updates, for example, give an i.d of 007c00, i can't find any such thing in the menu.
Is it worth forking out the extra for a cas 3 programmer. Am i right in thinking no loader card would be required with this?

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
For programming the mr with a cas interface (I use cas2), you do not need a loader card. A cas2 or cas3 will be useful for many other things, but you will need the addon for those, such as for programming a dragon. Read up in duolabs site. Regards, pcd.

moonhead

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pc, windows xp
My Location
cumbria
Thanks for the advice pcd.
Have just received cam back from the guy who programmed it after he offered to update it again free of charge. I now have have tps and absat back. Same problem though, have to keep re-initialising cam, sometimes 1-2 times in an hour. A real pain. Is this something the channel provider is doing or a fault with the cam?
By the way, does anyone know anything about the cas2 plus interface which has recently appeared? Is it for cam only programming? Seems cheap whatever.