MR Hex to Dec Key converter, can it be used with the Dragon?

foden

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro 1 Metre Dish
Dark Gold Lnb 0.1
Superior Dark Motor
Super Darkbox HD Rev 2008 Combo
Cable CT-100
My Location
Liverpool
Rolf,
I am new to this, can the, Mr Hex to Dec Key Convertor, be used with the Dragon Cam and Loader Card, if so are there anyone out there wh'o could help me, it would be appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think so, there is a dragon file editor I believe, but I don't have one anymore, so have become out of touch with any advances.

loftyj

Reaction score
As the Dragon Cam is an independent unit once loaded and recognized by the reciver it should work without the card in.
To change keys you go into the conditional access menu and it should tell you the slot Predator 2.25 is loaded into, press enter on this slot and you are given a new screen with smartcard DEBUG and settings, go to debug and press enter next page gives you encryptions Dragon will deal with ie:irduhto, sucka etc: pick encryption you require and enter, choosing irduhto will show CAN+NL and ORF, enter one required can+ will page with key0*00-0*03, enter next page shows keys 01 to03, key 02 shows current key in use for that provider. If change is required press enter on that key will produce page with Irduhto>Can+ NL>02>, and below this a line with ??? , replace these ? marks with the first three Dec numbers and thay will be converted to the Hex format and shown after the 02 on the line above. repeat this process for all eight units of the key the press exit the new key will now be in place and working, that way you do not have to bother with the loader card.
I have put the converter into the same folder that I keep anything to do with dragon in, but as yet have never used it.

foden

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro 1 Metre Dish
Dark Gold Lnb 0.1
Superior Dark Motor
Super Darkbox HD Rev 2008 Combo
Cable CT-100
My Location
Liverpool
Thank's to rolfw and loftyj, for reply.
loftyj, very helpfull information i have gone as far as the debug and ???, but never been brave enough to enter the Dec numbers, in case i mess my DSR up, i will give it a try on the next update.

Foden