MR & hispasat problems

bbosko

Reaction score
I have MR 1.07 and it worjed well with TV Cabo and D+ but today everything is freezing a lot. Please help me how to sort this problem if there is a solution.
Bojan

C

cowboy

Yep,
I've only just got a new set up with Matrix 1.055 and everything was working fine but since last night I have the same problem.
Any body else got the same problem....or the cure?

Cowboy

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There may well be a software fix in the near future, 1.07 is only a renamed version of 1.055, so there will be no difference (in case anyone was thinking of upgrading.

The next version should be 1.06, but whether it will totally fixe the freezing is another thing, the providers know what equipment people are using and will be trying to cause maximum disruption.

The best solution at the moment is a titanium card.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
With MR, Magic or Nagra CAM.

jagost02

Single
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yamaha YZF-R1
My Location
North of the Tejo & South of the Thames
Aren´t Titanium cards a thing of the past? Where is there a good tutorial site for info on such?

Regards,
John

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that there is some info here, they definitely are not a thing of the past, they are working very well for Conax and Nagravision at the moment.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I think Jagost is mixing the tit with the Silver card of yore.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Got lots of those. :)

Pretty windscreen scrapers. :)

jagost02

Single
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yamaha YZF-R1
My Location
You guys are correct once again, and I´m the newbie. It appears that the Titanium and AVR cards are the only cards that are working on 30W. It seems that the provider has accelerated some routines in the software that renders fun cards and other older cards somewhat prone to the screen freezing up. This appears to be due to a time out due to the slow response of the card. At least this is the explanation one of my colleagues described as a possible cause of the problems. Due to this I am considering getting a Titanium card. It would be nice if MR 1.06 came out soon since we have gone past the traditional 1 month between release mark.

Reguards,
John

jagost02

Single
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yamaha YZF-R1
My Location
The Fun/AVR cards known as the NX cards, are also having success with 30W. It appears that the Fun cards are having difficulty. NOTE: The older NX cards work but in AVR emulation their Fun emulation is also sufffering the symptoms of screen freeze every so often. If you look at getting a NX card make sure it is a NX Universal Card with a 16 Mhz Crystal not the older 8 Mhz model.

Reguards,
John
:-band

jagost02

Single
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yamaha YZF-R1
My Location
New MR1060 released, tested and working fine on 30W

http://www.matrixcam.com You can get here...

;-)

Regards,
John
:-bandLet the party begin!

chuckles

Reaction score
Not working with some older Echostar models 3000ip in particular, 3000ip via seems OK.

digimac_uk

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester
Mmmmm......
not working on my old 3600ip either (hhhmmmmphhh)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Hopefully they will be able to cure the Echostar problems, remember that they are probably unable to test the upgrade on all receivers at first.