• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

MTV F on Hotbird?

Z3r0

has a Regular Member
My Location
Czech Paradise
I've been away for a while, just come to find that I can't watch MTV any more - picture is very jerky and sound cuts out. Anybody else getting this, or is this nothing new?
Just that Pimp my Ride's on in an hour...

I'm using ProgDVB/DVBDream using s2emu 1.091...

Old Geezer

My Location
Deepest South Wales
Hi Z3r0,
Just checked with MT and I'm having the same problem.
If any of the FTA stuff is showing the same problems , it may be worth trying a rescan (can't do any harm).
I've also checked other channels on the same transponder , and MTV5 and VH1 are OK (I think they are scrambled channels , so S2 is OK).
Hope You get it sorted , but I think You may have missed a few Pimps !!
All the best anyway,
Old Geezer.

G

guest user

I have problems with MTV F MTV5 is FTA anyway

theres MTV Central,MTV Germany,MTV Espana,MTV2,MTV2POP all on 19.2 what i can get with a skystar2

Z3r0

has a Regular Member
My Location
Czech Paradise
Old Geezer said:
Hi Z3r0,
Just checked with MT and I'm having the same problem.
If any of the FTA stuff is showing the same problems , it may be worth trying a rescan (can't do any harm).
I've also checked other channels on the same transponder , and MTV5 and VH1 are OK (I think they are scrambled channels , so S2 is OK).
Hope You get it sorted , but I think You may have missed a few Pimps !!
All the best anyway,
Old Geezer.
Thanks Geezer matey, I'll try rescanning this evening and see what turns up. No problems with VH1 but I can't get any MTV channels except MTV F, and that's unwatchable 'cos it's so jerky.
Ta - you've cheered me up anyway - there's hope :)

Modern - FTA means Free To Air (= not encrypted)

Z3r0

has a Regular Member
My Location
Czech Paradise
Old Geezer said:
MTV5 and VH1 are OK (I think they are scrambled channels , so S2 is OK).
Hmmm, rescanning hasn't fixed it, unfortunately. My scan doesn't pick up MTV 5 at all on Hotbird...