Reaction score
Multi KeyBundle AutoUpdater by GSF Team. [MKBAU]
Ver 0.10_beta

File Included within MKBAU plug-in
The primary executable file -> /var/bin/keyautoupdate.sh

The master config -> /var/etc/keyupd.cfg
File Settings-parameters
The plug-in operates under four parameters:

INTERVAL -> The time (in min) lapsed between every check for an up to date key-bundle. Default value: 10 min
LOGFILE -> the log file is created
and updated every time the plug-in searches for the key bundle.
Default value: /var/etc/keyupd/keys.log
LOGLINES -> the amount of lines of the log file permitted to be saved.
Default value: 30
REMLOG -> We have the choice of either keeping the existing log file and update it, or create a new one every time we reboot the Dreambox.
Values {yes/no}
Default value: no
When any of these parameter is commented (with a “#” in front) the plug-in automatically chooses the default value. If we want to change one or all of the parameters we remove the “#” and proceed with the changes.
The master config is fully configurable and we can set it up according to our needs.
Folder with help-operating files -> /var/etc/keyupd.
Contains a config folder and a versions folder. In the first folder the equivalent config files are store for every key bundle we download, respectively in the second folder the check files are stored in order for the plug-in to check if the file in the download server is the same or different with the one already installed in our Dreambox.
The log file is stored in the same directory /var/etc/keyupd (log.keys) providing that the master config is not altered.

Specific config for individual key bundles (URL config)
They are stored in /var/etc/keyupd/configs and they look like xxxxxx.config. We can choose any name we like, but it is suggested to keep the “.config” at the end. The URL config files include the following parameters:
ΝΑΜΕ -> It is visible for the log file
URL -> the exact link of the tar.gz we wish to download.
VERFILE -> the name of the ver file that it is created and checked by the plug-in while in operation in order to clarify that the key bundle exists and it is the latest possible version.
There are no default values here!!! All the parameter should be without “#” otherswise the plug-in will not search for the key bundle and record an error in the log file.

The script file in the directory var/tuxbox/plugins is just to allows us to be able to check the log file by pressing the yellow button on our dreambox.

Operation of the plug-in and readable result in the log file

1)If the master config is missing, /var/etc/keyupd.cfg then the plug-in is prevented from working.
2)For every config of every key bundle that we want to download, all three parameters need to be configured
ΝΑΜΕ, URL and VERFILE, if not then it is not possible to download the key bundle and the plug-in creates a log file stating the error that occurred.
3) If the config files are missing from the directory /var/etc/keyupd/configs ,then the plug-in is prevented from operating and the error is stated in the log file.
4) The plug-in checks for Internet activity and the log file is updated in case of an error.
5) The plug-in checks and verify’s each server for each key bundle in order to determine if a new file does exist. The log file is again updated stating the result.
6)The plug-in checks the key bundle for the validity of the tar.gz file. If the file is corrupted or it has been compressed wrongly by the creator then the file is not installed and the log file is updated.
7) If none of Evocamd, Mgcamd, Scam, CCcam, Camd3, Opencam, Newcamd are running, then MKBAU it still operates but it does not download anything, and updates the log file stating so.
The plug-in does not operate with the gbox emu. But for someone that knows how to alter scripts it is a matter of a few minutes to make it work.
8) For the sin key bundle from paytv there is only one config (paytvsin.config) containing 2 URL which correspond to different emu. The MKBAU automatically detects which emu run at the specific time and selects the correct URL in order to update the key bundle. In that specific config we shall not alter NAME parameter otherwise the flipping between URL’s does not work.
9) If nothing of the above happens and there is a new updated key bundle then the relevant verification file xxxxxx.ver is created inside the directory /var/etc/keyupd/versions including the md5checksum of the tar.gz which is about to be installed. Immediately after that the new key bundle is installed, stating the successful or not installation in the log file.
10) During the initial run of the plug-in immediately after installation the plug-in is programmed to update all key bundle, from all urls. The key bundles are searched by alphabetical order of config files xxxxxx.config in directory /etc/keyupd/configs. If for any reason we want to force update a particular key bundle, then we need to delete the relevant xxxxxxx.ver (e.g. pbsin.ver) inside that directory.
11) In order to view the log file on our receiver we select from the plug-in (yellow button) the Multi Key Bundle AU - View Log.

Here is a preview of my log file ……..
DBC-SatanKeyBundle -> 05/11/2007 20:57 : CONGRATULATIONS - Keys Updated Succesfully
Nabilo -> 05/11/2007 20:59 : CONGRATULATIONS - Keys Updated Succesfully
DBC-SatanKeyBundle -> 06/11/2007 00:39 : CONGRATULATIONS - Keys Updated Succesfully
Nabilo -> 06/11/2007 00:41 : CONGRATULATIONS - Keys Updated Succesfully
PB-SinKeyBundle -> 06/11/2007 00:47 : CONGRATULATIONS - Keys Updated Succesfully
SinKeyBundle -> 06/11/2007 07:45 : ERROR - No Internet Connection
PB-SinKeyBundle -> 06/11/2007 08:34 : CONGRATULATIONS - Keys Updated Succesfully
DBC-SatanKeyBundle -> 06/11/2007 14:42 : ERROR - No Key File on Server
PB-SinKeyBundle -> 06/11/2007 18:00 : CONGRATULATIONS - Keys Updated Succesfully
DBC-SatanKeyBundle -> 06/11/2007 22:04 : CONGRATULATIONS - Keys Updated Succesfully
Nabilo -> 06/11/2007 22:06 : CONGRATULATIONS - Keys Updated Succesfully
PB-SinKeyBundle -> 06/11/2007 22:25 : CONGRATULATIONS - Keys Updated Succesfully
SinKeyBundle -> 07/11/2007 08:26 : ERROR - No Key File on Server
SinKeyBundle -> 07/11/2007 13:04 : ERROR - No Key File on Server
PB-SinKeyBundle -> 07/11/2007 22:15 : CONGRATULATIONS - Keys Updated Succesfully
Nabilo -> 07/11/2007 22:26 : ERROR - No Key File on Server
DBC-SatanKeyBundle -> 07/11/2007 22:37 : CONGRATULATIONS - Keys Updated Succesfully
Nabilo -> 07/11/2007 22:39 : CONGRATULATIONS - Keys Updated Succesfully
Nabilo -> 07/11/2007 23:04 : ERROR - No Key File on Server
PB-SinKeyBundle -> 08/11/2007 00:14 : CONGRATULATIONS - Keys Updated Succesfully

General Installation Instructions
With the use of an FTP Client we copy the MKBAU_v0.10beta_by_GSF_Team.tar.gz in folder /tmp of the Dreambox then we manually install it using the dreambox remote control.

There are two ways that this plug-in can be operated:

1) the plug-in can be automatically started upon the booting of the dreambox

In order to do so then we need to install the following files depending on the different boxes:
MKBAU_run_at_boot_DM500.tar.gz for DM500, DM7000 or
MKBAU_run_at_boot_DM600_DM7020.tar.gz for DM600 & DM7020
2) Manual start and stop of the plug-in.

In order to have this function we need to install the file MKBAU_Manual_Start-Stop.tar.gz. After installation we then select the plug-in Multi KeyBundle AU - Start/Stop by pressing the yellow button on the remote control. If the plug-in is running then by selecting the Start/Stop option the plug-in will stop and vice versa. If the plug-in is running, we will see the message. If the plug-in is running, we will see the message "Stopping Multi KeyBundle AutoUpdater by GSF Team ..... -> STOPPED !!!" and the plug-in is stopped.If the plug-in is stopped and we run the Start –Stop plug-in, no message will appear in our TV screen. Actually the plug-in is started, so we have to simply press the exit button to return to the previous menu.

These two ways of running the plug-in can be installed simultaneously. We can have the plug-in starting when the Dreambox is booting and if we fancy at a later point by pressing the yellow button we can select the plug-in to stop via the Multi KeyBundle AU - Start/Stop command.

Special Installation Instructions

In order to install this plug-in to a Nabilo Image we simply have to rename the MKBAU_v0.10beta_by_GSF_Team.tar.gz
to
MKBAU_v0.10beta_by_GSF_Team_nab.tgz and then we simply follow the installation process describeb above.

We need to rename the following files respectivelly :
MKBAU_run_at_boot_DM500.tar.gz

to
MKBAU_run_at_boot_DM500_nab.tgz and

MKBAU_run_at_boot_DM600_DM7020.tar.gz
to
MKBAU_run_at_boot_DM600_DM7020_nab.tgz
MKBAU_Manual_Start-Stop.tar.gz
to
MKBAU_Manual_Start-Stop_nab.tgz

In order to install this plug-in to every other image that is not accepting .tar.gz files for manual install, we have to put the appropriate tar.gz files in /tmp folder with the use of an FTP client or DCC and then we can install them via telnet using the following command :
tar -xzf /tmp/xxxxxxxxx.tar.gz -C /
eg.
tar -xzf /tmp/MKBAU_v0.10beta_by_GSF_Team.tar.gz -C /
tar -xzf /tmp/MKBAU_run_at_boot_DM500.tar.gz -C /
tar -xzf /tmp/MKBAU_Manual_Start-Stop.tar.gz -C /

Download here: http://www.zshare.net/download/4759375d55b603/

Enjoy the plug-in …….

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Nice one will have a go at it.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
It would help if keyau.sh was more verbose when you run it- it just says "Please wait.." - is it working or has it crashed?

Anyone installing this, note that MKBAU_Manual_Start-Stop.tar.gz is zipped.

Negatrev

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
UK
Is there a quicker way to get the cam to use the updated keys. I'm currently using Evocamd 2.17 and I need to reboot the Dreambox (a 7000) to get the channels to open.

The log shows the keys are being updated but aren't being used by the cam. I can't test it again until next change, but I tried to just restart enigma when they updated at about 4pm-ish today and that didn't help, only a full reboot did.

dago

Reaction score
I find manual that manual updating the keys is faster and more
realiable.
regards.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I just stop and restart the update process to get it to work.

Decoder

Reaction score
Hi mixalis-g

Thanks for a brilliant proggy M8.

Have a little problem now though - it was working great but when I check the log now I keep getting the following message:
PB-Sinkey Bundle - ERROR Missing or not valid URL on /var/etc/keyupd/configs/pbsin.config

Nabilo seems to update OK and DBC Satin Bundle gives me the same invalid tar.gz as on your file example.

Is all above normal please? Running DM 7020.

Very many thanks for all replies.

andrius

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7025
My Location
UK
Hi,
Does it work for DM 7025?

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think it works at all at the moment, appears that the site the URL points to has been taken down.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
From what i have been reading, the script creator used the url of someones website without permission.
the person whos site held the updates for keys, wasnt happy about it, and changed the path were the keys was kept.

Negatrev

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
UK
I've gone with the Hacksat downloader (v5 I think) which although isn't automatic 'out-of-the-box' the keys are updated on a change pretty damn quick.

It's usually about a 10-15 minute wait for new keys after a change.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
It's usually about a 10-15 minute wait for new keys after a change
Hmmm as an alternative I heard there is a UK based satellite site with a large Portugese section that has a simple and effective key updater called Florikey which seems to work all the time without problems...2-3 Minutes most of the times...

Negatrev

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
UK
I thought that was a PC run solution rather than directly on the dreambox?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
yes it is, but the point is: it is working, whereas the script or cam based auto updaters don't seem to work reliable, at least not at the moment. The only ones that sort of work are those that target a specific cam/provider, i.e AU for TPS for instance. That's why I stick to the florikey at the moment as the PC is connected to the network anyway.