Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025
Humax 5400
Echostar 3000IP
My Location
Kent , UK
Hi,

I am looking for a way to have multiple lnb's on a motorised setup , I already have a Jaeger HQ 1224 SMR together with an adapter plate that is probably for a channel master 1.2 m dish but have not found any info on multiple lnb's used with this dish, has anyone done this ?

Another option may be a Gibertini 1.2 / 1.5 dish that I know supports multi lnb's but can it be fitted to a Jaeger HQ 1224 SMR ?

Or is there an alternative option ?

Any help appreciated :)

Smurf

dorsetbob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm SKY Dish with PACE Digital Digibox,
90cm PHILIPS (Fibo clone) Gregorian
(started with all original features).
MTI AP8-TW LNB.
TECHNOMATE 5500 CIP PLUS Receiver,
STRONG 4375(as Backup)
My Location
Weymouth,Dorset,UK
Hi Smurf

From what I have read (although I maybe wrong,but I'm sure someone will correct me)multiple lnb's on a motorised dish just isn't feasible.
Multiples on a fixed dish is.
What satellites are you looking to get?and what are you looking to watch?

Bob

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Why do you want to use multiple lnbs on a motorised dish.. is there a particular reason.

G

Nearest to this I ever achieved was a 6 deg Monoblock on an 80cm Motorised.

The reason was I didn't have a spare single Universal LNB at the time, so I shoved the Monoblock on.

It did work with both Motor Control and LNB selection available simultaneously, but only with an ancient Fortec Star Lifetime Classic Rx.

When I donated that Rx to the Wife, I found that no other Box in my stack would allow simultaneously Motor Control and LNB selection.

The only advantage of the system was that I set 28E to Port B and everything else to Port A which meant I could get 28E by setting its position as 22E, thus reducing traverse time between it and eg 19E, 13E.

I didn't plan it that way - it just happened!

smurf5599

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025
Humax 5400
Echostar 3000IP
My Location
Kent , UK
Hi, thanks for the reply's ..

I'm really trying to have a setup that for normal viewing I'm just switching between lnb's with the dish parked in a set position Hotbird for example. Then when I want to have a nose at other satellites I can switch to the main lnb and go to whatever satellite I want :) , when I've finished I just park the dish back on hotbird.

I figured once it's setup it shouldn't be too much trouble and I'll have the best of both worlds , in theory I don't see too much of a problem.

( Probably aiming for Thor to Astra 2 for the multi lnb's )

My first hurdle is knowing if I should go with the channel master or gibertini.

Regards

Smurf

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
smurf5599 said:
Hi, thanks for the reply's ..

I'm really trying to have a setup that for normal viewing I'm just switching between lnb's with the dish parked in a set position Hotbird for example. Then when I want to have a nose at other satellites I can switch to the main lnb and go to whatever satellite I want :) , when I've finished I just park the dish back on hotbird.

I think that's an excellent system... saves wear and tear on the motor too.... just getting an stb to see a motor & a switch without getting confused... and making sure some LNBs don't cast a shadow. You could do the same with a second dish having the multi's on it. You can lose a bit on most diseqc switches remember if you have any weak satellites you like on the arc.

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 x CM 1.2m matching C120 feedhorn and Invacom 0.3db twin output LNB.50 degrees East to 42 degrees West.1 x CM 1.2m AZ/EL mount matching C120 feedhorn and twin output Invacom 0.3db
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
with IRL $ky sub. Coship FTA
My Location
40kms NE of Antwerp,Belgium.
smurf5599 said:
Hi,

I am looking for a way to have multiple lnb's on a motorised setup , I already have a Jaeger HQ 1224 SMR together with an adapter plate that is probably for a channel master 1.2 m dish but have not found any info on multiple lnb's used with this dish, has anyone done this ?

Another option may be a Gibertini 1.2 / 1.5 dish that I know supports multi lnb's but can it be fitted to a Jaeger HQ 1224 SMR ?

Do you mean something like this?

_http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dish-setup-single-sat-multi-sat-motorised-systems/140632-cm-1-2m-multifeed.html

smurf5599

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025
Humax 5400
Echostar 3000IP
My Location
Kent , UK
Do you mean something like this?

_http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dish-setup-single-sat-multi-sat-motorised-systems/140632-cm-1-2m-multifeed.html

Hi GreenmanBelg,

Thats the sort of thing although it appears to be restricted to 2 additional lnb's , I'm beginning to think I may need to go for a Gibertini dish with their multi feed assembly rather than a channel master.

Or perhaps I can make one myself :)

Regards

Smurf

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
A motorised dish is no more restricted on the number of LNBs that you can have on it, than a fixed dish. I've bunged a few extra on my Triax for a laugh. I initially made brackets from copper tubing, and later used a multibracket (like the Gibertini). It was good for when the dish was parked at 19E, with the other LNBs on the bracket available without having to move it.

I now have two dishes, one motorised and one multi-LNB, even better.:-rofl2

dorsetbob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm SKY Dish with PACE Digital Digibox,
90cm PHILIPS (Fibo clone) Gregorian
(started with all original features).
MTI AP8-TW LNB.
TECHNOMATE 5500 CIP PLUS Receiver,
STRONG 4375(as Backup)
My Location
Weymouth,Dorset,UK
Thanks for the correct info guys.
But I still dont understand why you would want to put multiple lnb's on a dish that moves.
Is it that you can channel hop more quickly?

Bob

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
dorsetbob said:
Is it that you can channel hop more quickly?
Bob

Apart from less wear on the motor, it's the only reason i can think of.

I had mine set up so that when I was on 19E, I could also flick to 13E,23.5E and 28E, without waiting for the motor to move. 7W and 1W, is probably a better combination now though.

Rusty Dish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag sl1000hd 2ci

Triax 60 cm 4 LNB
16E/13E/19.2E/28.2E
My Location
Dartford Kent
HMMMMM i might be doing something like this soon

got 4 lnbs on a Triax 80 cm for 16e/13e/19.2e/28.2e

all plumbed in to a 4 way Diseq switch, 16e reception

is rubbish (to close to 13e) and i also want to get Atlantic

3w........SO if i get a Diseq motor can i still use it with the

4 way switch ??? I am thinking lnb 2 -13/ 3-19.2 /4-28.2 via switch as

normal and lnb 1 switch to motor and then to lnb 1

Will this work ??? or will my dish spin round like a helicopter :-rofl2

Any coments please

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
A Td88cm for those four would be better, also there is a modification to the offset bracket for improved reception of 16e. DiSEqC switch will need to be installed between the motor and LNb.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yep, 16e, needs to be right on the focus, as if the multiblock was not installed.

Apart from that, if you have the TD78, it is a bit too small for 16e, as the dish is only 70cm wide.

Putting the switch between the motor and the LNB as SM says should work, and if the receiver allows, you can set the motor position for the offset LNBs to be the same as the focal one, that way the dish will be in the right place for the offset, as well as the focal.

Rusty Dish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag sl1000hd 2ci

Triax 60 cm 4 LNB
16E/13E/19.2E/28.2E
My Location
Dartford Kent
Thanks for help and replies, i now have a diseq motor

setup with single lnb and can go from 16e all the way to 8w (so far)

16 e reception is still a bit iffy but i read somewhere

on here that a replacement transponder is on the cards

so i may just wait out.

Fitting the motor was a doddle again thanks to guides/how to,s

on here, i may try and re fix the multi lnb bracket at some stage

just to decrease motor usage and time taken to switch satellites

but for now it all good :):)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Excellent progress :)

The only time I used multiple LNBs on a Motorised Dish was due to shortage of dosh and an empty spares box!

I started with an 80cm fitted with a 13/19E Monoblock, then some months later added a Motor.

I used the spare Port for 28E only and set a false position of 22.4E.

This meant that the transit time when switching from eg 13E was reduced by that vital second or two.

Later, I broke open the piggy bank and bought a replacement LNB :-idea

Satcom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 Meter Primestar Elliptical C/KU. Twinhan 1025 PCI(Linux), Coolsat 6000, Winegard 76 cm dish. 8' Unimesh, HCC9300 Receiver.
Diamond 9000 HD, 1m prime focus, 1.2 m prime focus, both on C Band.
My Location
Chicago
My system uses C Band lnbf, Circular lnbf and linear lnbf on one motorised dish. Works great for few years now.

Attachments

• OffsetLNBFS.jpg
    OffsetLNBFS.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 85