multi lnb on Ross 65cm dish

beegee 1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Zone 2 dish with sky digibox for Astra2.
Sky zone 2 dish with monoblock and Fortec receiver for Astra1 and hotbird.
My Location
South Scotland
I am Edinburgh based and I would like to know if it is possible to get 28. 19 and 13 using a multi lnb bracket on a Ross 65cm dish. If so what make of bracket would fit? what focus lnb? etc. Any further advice would be very welcome. I have 2 sky zone 2 dishes self- installed at present, one on 28 for my Humax foxsat PVR and another dish with a monoblock for 19 and 13. The problem with this is that it looks very clumsy and a one dish set up would be better.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Sadly 65cm is probably too small at your location - Others will confirm, but I suspect you'd need something closer to 90cm.

On the other hand, you should be able to bung an H-H DiSEqC Motor on the 65cm and get all three (and more).

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
You probably could get 19e and 13e

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
I think that if you used 19.2°E as your central LNB you'd stand a decent chance of it working. You'd probably need at least a couple of LNB's designed for multi sat, perhaps the Alps, Megasat (designed for 2° spacing) or the Inverto muti connect. I'd also suggest a universal multi bracket which will fit the LNB arm on the Ross dish (which I think is square section rather than round) Lot's of these available if you Google. Elevation and skew are important adjustments when trying to set up multisat so be prepared for some extensive tweaking of the set up. I'm certain there's another thread on here about a Ross dish and multi LNB's, would be worth you searching on here.

On a 60cm dish, I can catch 5°W, 1°W, 5°E, 9°E 23.5°E, with focus on 5°E using a universal multibracket. Good Luck!!

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Would agree, a 65cm would be too small for a 15deg offset.

19e / 28e wouldn't a problem [in the South], but 13e would be an issue. Consider a decent 80cm dish.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
beegee 1 said:
I am Edinburgh based and I would like to know if it is possible to get 28. 19 and 13 using a multi lnb bracket on a Ross 65cm dish. If so what make of bracket would fit? what focus lnb? etc. Any further advice would be very welcome. I have 2 sky zone 2 dishes self- installed at present, one on 28 for my Humax foxsat PVR and another dish with a monoblock for 19 and 13. The problem with this is that it looks very clumsy and a one dish set up would be better.

No chance on a 65cm buddy, In Renfrewshire just 16 miles from Glasgow I get those three on my 80cm ISS mesh dish no problem. I think the best rule of thumb for satellite reception is "Buy a 80cm minimum".

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
satelliteman said:
Would agree, a 65cm would be too small for a 15deg offset.

19e / 28e wouldn't a problem [in the South], but 13e would be an issue. Consider a decent 80cm dish.

I cede to your (and other respondants) knowledge and experience. It was just that I can get a 23° offset on my 60cm. I'd be tempted to have a go, but as you all know I'm certifiable!!

beegee 1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Zone 2 dish with sky digibox for Astra2.
Sky zone 2 dish with monoblock and Fortec receiver for Astra1 and hotbird.
My Location
South Scotland
thanks for the replies guys. Sounds like I will stick with what I've got or invest ina larger dish.

me-68

Reaction score
Website
www.russiantv.boom.ru
My Satellite Setup
tm-1000d,samsung9500,openbox-x, 1m - Amos+Sirius+Hotbird, 85cm - Express Am22
My Location
uk
65 cm will fit easy

In manchester I 'd installed all 3 on 60cm