Multi-LNB setup, which dish and/or holder

lost_one

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
Germany
Hi,

This is my first time setting up a dish and I want a multi-LNB set-up. Is there a multi LNB holder that is easier to work with...i.e. all adjustments, including height?

Should I get a universal multi-LNB holder or one that is specifically made for the brand of dish?

TIA

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I believe I have seen some totally adjustable multi LNB holders in a few threads.

However, in many cases just a basic one is adequate. It depends on what satellites you want and the dish size.

For close together satellites, a basic bracket will do the job.

Do you have a dish yet?

You may want to consider a Wavefrontier T90, as it is specifically designed for multi LNB, or the T55 for strong sats.

lost_one

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
Germany
Thanks for your reply,

I don't have a dish yet but I'm thinking about a Triax or Gibertini 1M. I would like to receive 9E, 13E, 19.2E and have room to expand/change in the future.

What is a "basic one", where would I buy it?

Thanks for the idea of the Wavefontier but I would like to align it myself and make changes to it, I've heard they are a pain in the a$$ for an amateur???? Is this true?

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
You want to look at something like this,

_http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/en/montage-zubehoer-lnb-zubehoer/universal-multifeedhalterung-4fach.html

I've just set up the same sort of bar on a 60cm dish and it works quite well. The LNB brackets are rather chunky, so if you are going after satellites that have a separation of 3° or 4° the brackets will be a problem. I've managed to mount three LNB's covering 9°E, 5°E and 0.8°W, using a combination of 40mm pipe clamps, one supplied LNB holder and ALPS narrow throated LNB's. However it took quite a bit of experimentation and fiddling to get them to work.

You must think of which satellites you want to receive, note their positions relative to each other and then decide on the size of your dish.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
For those three satellites the triax or the gibertini would be fine for the respective dishes.

The setup for the torroidal multifocus dishes is not that dissimilar to standard dishes. I don't think that they are any more difficult. To get right they are possibly a little easier.

Posted with my iPhone using Tapatalk