Multi LNB System, What all do I need?

nirelandguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TMS 1000D, TRIAX 88CM, SG2100A,AMSTRAD DRX 550,
My Location
Northern Ireland
I've got and 80cm dish and Open Box receiver, I want to receive 13&19e along with Astra 2, So I was thinking of a monoblock for 13&19 and another LNB for 28, so would something like ebay item number: 250812996018 be what I need, and then what about combining the 2 cables into 1?

Please do not link to auction sites; now corrected [Admin]

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Simplest and cheapest option would be separate LNb's on an offset bracket into a 4 x 1 DiSEqC switch.

nirelandguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TMS 1000D, TRIAX 88CM, SG2100A,AMSTRAD DRX 550,
My Location
Northern Ireland
What type of bracket do I need? I have a fortec dish and the vast majority of brackets are for Triax dishes.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Try a search for universal LNb bracket, although I'd be looking at changing the dish.

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
Would this suit you?

_http://www.tvtrade.ie/multi-lnb-holder-3-way.html

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
If you do consider changing the dish, try a search for Raven, I've a G70 with - L & RH 6-21 although a Left Hand 6-21 or L & RH 6-9 will do for those three satellites.

_http://raven.co.uk/satellite-products/documents/ClickherefortheMulticlampSpecSheet.pdf

Attached image is for 9e, 19e & 28e but as you can see, the brackets do give a good range. Triax is another to look at.

Attachments

• SM- RAVEN G70.jpg
    SM- RAVEN G70.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 92

excollier

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wow they look very close for a 19 deg spread!

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
excollier said:
Wow they look very close for a 19 deg spread!

Actually had 28e to 5W on that..... just ;)

excollier

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Impressive. Here' my set up for 9e to 28e on aTD88 in Ireland, looks much wider than yours though.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
excollier said:
Impressive. Here' my set up for 9e to 28e on aTD88 in Ireland, looks much wider than yours though.

It's only a 70cm dish & alot further South than you so there going to be closer together mate.

excollier

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ghostleader said:
It's only a 70cm dish & alot further South than you so there going to be closer together mate.

That explains it then!
Waiting for a Ka lnb for the 9e slot, so I can get Saorsat.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
What's the signal levels like for 28E on your rig, Movies for Men is a nice weak transponder to check.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Ghostleader said:

Yes, exactly.

excollier

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ghostleader said:
What's the signal levels like for 28E on your rig, Movies for Men is a nice weak transponder to check.

My multifeed is only a temporary test rig atm. But it gives, generally, stronger Astra 2 with an offset lnb than my permanent 60cm dish with the lnb at centre. Seems strange, but that's what the meter tells me.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90, 1 black ultra HighGrain Quuad, 20 smart lnb (2 twins), 16/1 diseqc switch, 2x emp 4/1, S9HD, Vu+ Uno,
My Location
South Wales
hope I am not changing the subject in anyway, but got a similar question

dish size is 110cm (tech info if this helps - offset angle: 23.6 degrees - Gain @ 10.7-11.7 GHz dbi: 38.7).

Would like to get the 28E on this, but with a 4 in lnb holder - what other sats are possible on this (basically if we position 28E and then work around to see what else we can get)?

Can anyone confirm even with 4 lnbs on there based loosely around 28E (english channels bbc etc), how many sat are possibe with this one. Uncle getting me to fit this for him and its in Cardiff. I had a question on dish size on another thread, but thought since its 28E led - i need to fine tune which way to stick the lnbs around 28E

any help on this one in cardiff and start this setup this week.

cheers

excollier

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
See post #9 above, I am getting 9e, 13e, 19.2e and 28.2e on a TD88, but there is at least space for 23.5e too.
Other combinations are possible depending on where you centre your dish.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
We set up a 1 meter mesh up here about 5 months ago now, The guy was only really interested in getting 16E for the EPL on there, but he ended up plumping for a multi bracket with 9E,13E,16E,19E,23E,28E,39E & 42E. Your problem will be the fact you cant buy any off the shelf bracket that does more than 20-22 Degrees seperation.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90, 1 black ultra HighGrain Quuad, 20 smart lnb (2 twins), 16/1 diseqc switch, 2x emp 4/1, S9HD, Vu+ Uno,
My Location
South Wales
cheers guys

I was going to get some metal 4/1 lnb holders and inverto thin 23mm lnbs. Going to try to extend the metal rod (diy job) and see how it goes from there.

_http://www.sw-sat.de/product_info.php/info/p551_multifeedhalter-4-fach-verstellbar--neu-.html-
_http://www.inverto.tv/products/product.php?id=59&typ=2

My biggest problem is using the compass (not used one in 10 years) how the hell do you know where 28E is?

got the part of pointed dead south no probs there but how much do you move to the left of right and get the 28E?

I know its a mad question - my uncle and I just did it blind by try and error

there must be a way to work out how to use the compass - any vids or site that show you.

If I can get obe then the rest should be a breeze.

any linky or advice on compass would be great.

getting paid with beer and roast meat dishes cant wait.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well 28E for you is not in the same place as 28E for anybody else ........................

So to know what compass bearing you really want for your location, you need to look at calculators like Satsig or tools like Dishpointer (The Forum has a direct link to that).

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
There's no need to invest in the inverto multiconnect 23mm neck LNB's unless your going for some really tight spacing, with the rail system we use we managed 3 Degree spacing without the need for sand holders down let along slim neck LNB's, & that was on a one meter up here in central Scotland. You should be able to get as close as 2 degrees apart wtih that dish & in your location.