gravitas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TechnoSat 6000Plus
Samsung DSR9500 Via Ci
My Location
RIYADH
HI

I am unable to find a solution for my problem, which is shown on the image.

I would like to connect 16 receivers to 4 tv's so I can watch 4 channels on each TV with PIP feature.

My question is ,how many cables do I have to run from the DISH or LNB's to the receivers ( I cannot break my ceiling to run 16 cables).

Is there a solution to have one or two cables from the LNB to all the receivers, with both Horizontal and Vertical channels.

On the Main Screen , I will Install a standalone RCVR and I will edit the channels on it inline with the corresponding number .

Please suggest me if you have a better solution than this.

Thank you

Attachments

• SETUP.JPG
    SETUP.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 181

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
From what I can see you are going to have a MINIMUM of 16 cables - if you want pip you may need twin tuner receivers which could require 32 cables!! :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If multi cables through the ceiling is a problem then you are going to need a hotel style distribution system with a quattro (NOT a quad lnb) and a distribution box. Four cables from the lnb to the distribution box, then multiple cables from the box to the receivers. If the distribution box is in the same room as the receivers then only 4 wires need to come through the ceiling,

However you do its, the project is going to use a LOT of cable and require some careful planning.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
i saw this and will all 4 tv sets pick up the same thing?
if all 4 tv sets will pick up the same pip and the same channels ther here is what you need.
4 satellite receivers with modulators built in 4 output lnb with 4 lines going to all 4 receivers will be siting on different uhf frequencies.
example one channel 21 one on channel23 onr on channel 25 and another ch 27.
loop all the receivers together and run the one line to all tv sets.
if the tv has 4 pip system you can see all 4 in different coners and and just go the screen you want.
now if you want to do all 16 channels all different channels thats different.
you will need a quatro lnb with all seperate outputs.
horz low.horz high,vert lo and vert high. these 4 lines will go to a 16 output multiswitch.
do not make a mistake with any of the 4 lines or it will not work.

horz low line will go to the horz low input of the multiswitch.
all 16 receivers will have its own input and if they have modulators each modularor will be set on a different frequency.
leave one channels spacing on the modulator
you can loop some togeather and you may need a combiner we well.
then a small amplifer and all 4 tv sets will have 16 tv channels each.
considering the cost of 16 digital receivers 50 euro each multiswitch at 150 euro and the lnb at about 50 to 90 euro this some system for the house.
:)

hope this helps
will check mail later tonight
ralph