multi strand cable

kenny1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised ASC 1.2m,1224 Supermount with C120 Invacom Quad LNB with Matched Feedhorn.
My Location
Scunthorpe
Well you learn something new everyday lol ive not seen the wf 65 crimp or compressions, prob as i'm not really an alltrade shopper :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The compression is a new one from Cablecon, first shown at the CAI trade fair this month, what is really nice about it, is that it doesn't slide inside the outer, it fits over the top.:)

If you want to try a couple of the crimp ones, send me a PM and I'll send you a couple.:)

mkgigs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm technomate 5200usb promax tv explorer
My Location
uk Staffordshire
if you see a cable installer around stop and ask them they have compression f types for rg59 they work on wf65 used them myself for sky+ installes. Also still have some of there rg11 conxs which fit on wf165 cable i use for long feed runs the compression tool i use does wf63/100/125 and 165 all in one tool. Alltrade i think do siamise rg6 in brown but long runs i just double up on wf100.Saves filling my van up of diffrent cable and is just as neat.

jphili

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Twin monoblock and twin LNB on 80cm transparant dish rigged for twin reception from HB Astra 1 and 2 + TopField TF 7700 HDPVR + TwinHan VisionDTV
My Location
BE
You learn every day indeed. This thread got me thinking about my own planned cable upgrade, and being space limited with regards to cable runs I did some more searching as well and came across the following:

_http://www.triax.co.uk/Products/Cable,%20Connectors%20+%20Tools.aspx

Wouldn't it make a nice alternative to multiple runs as well (provided I find a reseller/distributor)?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
jphili said:
You learn every day indeed. This thread got me thinking about my own planned cable upgrade, and being space limited with regards to cable runs I did some more searching as well and came across the following:

_http://www.triax.co.uk/Products/Cable,%20Connectors%20+%20Tools.aspx

Wouldn't it make a nice alternative to multiple runs as well (provided I find a reseller/distributor)?

Nice line of products.
Have you tried to contact them regarding ordering any of the cables?
Minimum length is 100m in cardboard reel or 250m in wooden reel.
_http://www.triax.co.uk/ServiceSupport/UK%20Distributors.aspx

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
In the end I bought a shotgun type, but if needed they also had quatro cables - I don't think that the loss of signal would be that serious for a 20 Metre cable.

Thanks again everyone for the advice :)

mkgigs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm technomate 5200usb promax tv explorer
My Location
uk Staffordshire
The multi core cable is for IRS systems and colour coded for the different bands. Only used it a few times due to the expense and weight of the cable drum.It also includes a earth for the earth bonding can save on labour time tho.