Multi Touch Interaction

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You've seen Minority Report, you know of the Currys Christmas Advertising campaign

Its now here

Grab screen interaction, throw away the mouse and keyboard

http://mrl.nyu.edu/~jhan/ftirtouch/

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Er ...... isn't that "virtual reality"?

http://aig.cs.man.ac.uk/albums/phantom/track_legs3.png .

I seem to remember Michael Douglas doing something like that, in "Disclosure".

With that silly hat on, you can't see that somebody's actually stealing your satellite receiver .....

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
If you mean my post spiney, the answer is no. BumpTop works with a pen and tablet - and would easily work with a multi-button mouse. The image seen in the demo is just on your average monitor.

Can't wait for it to come to market.:D

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Well, Barmoo, not only can't I see the point, I'd go further and say that it looks like a bad idea!

Using a computer mouse, just scrolling and single clicking, it's still too easy to make a fatal mistake! That's why we have "undo", but even so there's lots of things you can't "undo".

The scroll-navigate-click process at least ensures you're only doing one thing at a time, and paying some attention, so there's some check on making mistakes! But with multi-faceted inputs ......

Otherwise, for people who want to work very quickly, there's ways of setting that up.

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
If you are familiar with a pen and tablet, the idea (as seen in the demo) is pretty easy to grasp, no offense, LOL.

To be fair, when you are using a pen, you do only do one thing at a time: as such, a mouse seems a resonable input option.

Mind, anyone who's used a mouse with a paint program will know that a mouse sucks for 'drawing'; so some of the intuitiveness of BumpTop would be lost using a mouse. And the fact that there is no 'brush pressure'. Uuum, let me go away and think about this one again, hehe.:-rofl2

I have a pen anyway - so, as I said, can't wait.:D

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
BarMoo said:
If you are familiar with a pen and tablet, the idea (as seen in the demo) is pretty easy to grasp, no offense, LOL.

It's going to pass me by, as I can't open the demo with this laptop:D

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
How come CH? The demo is in WMV and MOV and whatever they have on YouTube?

Sorry about that - its a great demo (if you are into that sort of stuff, hehe).

Hope you get chance to see it sometime :D