excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
Visualise this, if you will.
A 1.2m dish (Andrew ValuStar) which I installed a couple of years ago, for 16e and Tring, which was a difficult catch here back then.
A couple of months ago I installed a multifeed bracket onto it for 19.2e and then moved the lnb to the other side of 16e for 13e, ditching 19.2e, not needed. All fine and working well.
The owner wanted 10e too so I re-centred to 13e, making the old 13e lnb now for 10e, satifactory result on the meter for both satellites
Now I set a third lnb to the other side of centre, expecting to see 16e on the meter - no chance! All I could get was 19.2e, with the lnbs touching, same as 13e & 10e.
Anyone have a clue what's happening here? I am baffled. I had to put the dish back to 16e centre and forget 10e, as the owner needs 16e for Tring.
"Ye cannae change the laws o' physics....."

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
Couple of photos Ian. But on a dish that size you shouldn't have a problem getting 10/13/16/19.2 but you would maybe consider using the inverto slim lnb's and the rack that goes with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
Thanks, Chris. I forgot to take pics, and I thought it would be simple too, but it proved me wrong. I have to say the ValuStar dishes are disappointing for their size, but this defies logic.
I have 13, 16 and 19 on my own TD88 along with three others, so I hoped a 1.2 would do the trick. This just makes no sense.
I put 10e on a damaged TD110 for him.
We're talking cost saving here, so the slim lnbs and rack would be dearer than a better dish

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk