Multifeed System

satkingdom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
10 fixed offset antennas ranging from 107 cm to 170 cm with multifeed systems on them.
Next Machina3D Satellite Receiver
My Location
North-East of Turkey
Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Fabulous setup. Congratulations.

satkingdom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
10 fixed offset antennas ranging from 107 cm to 170 cm with multifeed systems on them.
My Location
North-East of Turkey

satkingdom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East of Turkey
New Pictures :)
The front view of my system. The prime-focus dish on the left is 170 cm and it has Astra 19 degrees east in the centre. Mega125 offset dishes are centered on 42-7-ve 13 degrees east respectively. The Sab120 dish above is on 1 west.

Gibetini OP125 dish is for 95 east. The Sab120 next to it is for 76,5 East C-band.

These are the dishes which cannot be seen from the front view. The one in the front (Sab120) has 85 degrees east in the center. The Mega125 offset on the chimney has 68,5 degrees east in the center.

Triax110 has 57 degrees east in the center.

And this is a panoramic view of the whole system.

A

archive10

Brilliant system!

I suppose you don't suffer from things like "building regulations", or "planning permission" in the North-east. :)

One question though:

It looks as ifyou are using standard "universal" LNBs on your 170cm prime focus dish.
This normally doesn't give very good performance, as the universal LNB only will see a small part of the reflector due to opening angle mismatch.

Now, I don't know the 170cm Megasat prime focus dish - it may be made to support universal LNBs.
Or did you just go with that dish because it was to hand? And the performance is good enough?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
What a set up - Im envious of all the eastern sats you have access to that are beyond the hills and below the horizon here. :)

satkingdom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East of Turkey
Brilliant system!

I suppose you don't suffer from things like "building regulations", or "planning permission" in the North-east. :)

One question though:

It looks as ifyou are using standard "universal" LNBs on your 170cm prime focus dish.
This normally doesn't give very good performance, as the universal LNB only will see a small part of the reflector due to opening angle mismatch.

Now, I don't know the 170cm Megasat prime focus dish - it may be made to support universal LNBs.
Or did you just go with that dish because it was to hand? And the performance is good enough?

I did not use it with a flange lnb but it would most probably give a slightly better performance as some user tests suggest. Yet Inverto Black Ultra gave a better performance than SNH-031 Invacom Universal Single LNB 0.3dB Horn. All I can get from 19 degrees east is Astra 1M, and I cannot get other satellites from 19 degrees unless I have a 3 meter dish, so I didn't look for slight improvements.

The performance mega primefocus dish is really good by the way.

And yes, we don't have regulations, if you have enough space you can have a 5 meter dish :)

Last edited:

satkingdom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East of Turkey
What a set up - Im envious of all the eastern sats you have access to that are beyond the hills and below the horizon here. :)
And I'm envious of all the western sats you have access :) I cannot receive any western satellites further than 1 degrees West because of the hill in front of my house :(

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Wow... motor? What motor? And instant switching between satellites.

Eastern sats are far more interesting than the western ones. Nothing more than seagulls flying over the Atlantic with an occasional sleeping cargo ship warbling by...

bonou2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
strong 4500, openbox X801, vantage 7100ts, vantage X201 CI, goldenmedia 9080,goldenmedia uni-box2,tbs6925+,inverto black ultra+C120,panorama er-861, zinwell lnb 15K C- band,intersat 20K
My Location
Romania

Fisty McB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See my signature...
My Location
County Tyrone, N. Ireland
One of the perks the OP has with their location. In my case, living on an island off the edge of the European/Eurasia landmass hinders reception of eastern satellites greatly - my limit is 52.5E but even if there wasn't trees in the way and the eastern horizon was completely flat, anything from 68.5E eastwards is below the horizon. :(

And I'm envious of all the western sats you have access :) I cannot receive any western satellites further than 1 degrees West because of the hill in front of my house :(
The big one you're likely missing then is Nilesat/Eutelsat 7/8 West at least for Ku Band - there's little of significance west of this until you hit Hispasat at 30W and even then the FTA channels here aren't that exciting. Where I live I could potentially see to 81W before the horizon dips but there's very little aimed at Europe in the Ku Band beyond 30W - that's not to say that there aren't medium to strong beams on some of these satellites but they're almost all data and news feeds. C Band potentially opens up possibilities, but a large dish definitely needed!