Muti Channel Record

fincaman

fincaman
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky,1x Pace HD Box,2x Pace Boxes,1.3m Dish,Quad LNB,Satlook Micro G2,Ladder.
My Location
Malaga
Hello All, I have looked at the specs of the Icecrypt 3500 and it says "simultaneous recording of three programs while watching two others (PIP)
Is this possible on Intelsat 907 I have an Icecrypt 1600 and this will record one channel while you watch another

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
simultaneous recording of three programs

Am thinking this must refer to 2 sat channels on same frequency + 1 ip tv, or maybe 2 ip tv and one sat. To get full multichannel sat recording, evaluate receiver with more tuners (lnb inputs), or get additional receivers. & use twin or quad lnb.

fincaman

fincaman
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky,1x Pace HD Box,2x Pace Boxes,1.3m Dish,Quad LNB,Satlook Micro G2,Ladder.
My Location
Malaga
I have been told that as all the channels are on the same frequency on Intelsat 907 it is possible to record multiple channels at once, can this be true

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
I got more curious... Reading the user manual, it definitely says up to 3 services, from same transponder. A nice feature! The negative is it being a single, thus locked to one transponder. I'd look for a twin (or more) receiver, this Icecrypt does 3 recordings ICECRYPT.com – S6600HDPVR

But if all the channels to be recorded are on the same transponder the 3500 is likely to fit the bill. Only an actual owner of the box can report on how it all works in practice.

Last edited:
A

archive10

Whhile I have not looked at the hardware design, it sounds very much like a single tuner front-end chip attached to a ST Microelectronics chipset that has 5 (or more) demux pipelines. This means that the SoC (System-on-a-Chip) can process at least 5 separate MPEG transport streams (SPTS - single program transport streams).
As the system supports PiP, the video decoder can handle up to two video-decodes (most likely both in 1080i, but this is not documented).
But, as the box vendor has only implemented a single-tuner front-end, all viewing and recording must come from the same mux (transport stream).

Echoing @4wd: if all services are on the same mux, you should be all-ok with the 3500. (Assuming the box works properly - I have no idea of that).