My aged DM5620 has decided to upgrade itself!

freddy

Reaction score
My wonderful old DM5620 acts as server for the other dreams in my home.
Last night as was stagering up to Bedfordshire I accidentaly turned it off,realising my mistake I quickty turned it back on,it booted fine I and proceeded to land of nod.U-zzz

But today I bring the box out of standby and the remote works like a 600 or 800.
Problem is there is no exit button on the old remote so I try a 600 remote and it works perfectly.

Is this spooky or what?
Perhaps not the basis for a new religion; but can anyone explain?:-worship

(Gemini 4.1 for 5620, Cccam2.1.4)

freddy

Reaction score
Sadly I have to report this is no miracle, (blue panel-extras/settings-use 70xx remote)
However I swear I didn't tick it!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
freddy said:
Sadly I have to report this is no miracle, (blue panel-extras/settings-use 70xx remote)
However I swear I didn't tick it!

As it is setup as a server, somebody else has access to it from outside your home network and did the honours!

freddy

Reaction score
A chilling thought Topper!
Think I'm pretty well protected -but perhaps time for a review of security,

--------------------

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you."

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well, IMHO more likely to be related to the software faults developing. I found out that after having an image for a long time on the 5620 box, it sometimes develops all sorts of problems - and the easiest solution is to put in a fresh image. Mine has a problem at the moment that in certain situations the cccam is constantly rebooting - and the only thing to stop it is to reboot the box. I swear I also did not configure it to do so, one day it "appeared". So, like a PC, after some while the operating software degrades...

freddy

Reaction score
Yes I agree this is most likely cause, -
-cos tho I think the 5620 is a great box in some ways (doesn't overheat, easy to work on etc) it is an old design with limited memory, glitchy, has problems networking sometimes and the image def degrades in strange ways, a box with character and attitude!