My BIG Hispa Dish (through the window too)...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Ok, I've got some new pictures of my setup, so here they are (all links unfortunatly, my images are too big to attatch):

Pic1 - My BSB "branded" Lidl 80cm indoor dish with Bullet holes (I think it looks funny!!!).

Pic2 - My gargantuant Grundig Twin LNB fitted upside-down (as I couldn't raise the dish without losing signal), yes, I took the LNB apart to look inside and then duck-taped it back together!!! :D
(and no, the Net's aren't brown, that's just my phone's camera "colour compensating" for the shadowing around the LN:cool:.

Pic3 - In top to bottom order - PortyII, Pace MSS1000 (I have my MSS300 in pieces (due to two Transistors burning out) so it is not pictured), Nokia 9800S, Grundig GDS 200/1, Thomson DSI4212, Akura DVD Player. (the last three are not powered up due to the obvious Ventilation problems). TV is on the Right (obviously!!! :D )....
Just noticed something, you can see my 2 Flat F connectors infront of my DVD Player...

Pic4 - My wardrobe, Attisat FL500 on the left & my 2 minidishes and Partly-dismantled Channel Master 60cm dishes on the right. (also visible, 2x Regatta coats and the ol' surfboard (Ironing board) and an LNB arm for a Raven Minidish)

Pic5 - The shelf above the dishes, my 4 LNB's (2x Humax 0.3's, 1x Lidl 0.6, 1x Cambridge UIII 0.7) and my Porty kit dish & LNB and the cable from my old sky|digital installation from my old house. In the background are my camping mat, bottle of Jenolite rust eater, my Mobile's box, and my big holdall bag... :D

If you're wondering where all the cables are, they're here there and everywhere!!!! O-Ha

Well, that's my set up, just need to get the 60cm channel master up on the chimneystack with 3 LNB's on it (I'm going to get a different Twin/Quad LNB for Astra 2 as the Grundig is a serious weight) and get it all set up with DiSEqC and have my functional Minidish pointing at 5w...

Attachments

• dish.jpg
    dish.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 77

rato

International Administrator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800; Nokia 9800s; Nokia 9902S w/T-Rex 3.66
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
Technisat 33 dish; Pace DS430N + Humax HDCI-2000 w/
Gibertini OP 1.25m dish w/Inverto 0.3dB. & Invacom 0.2dB. w/ Spaun SAR 411;
CAS 3;FUN7; SkyStar2; AltDVB;
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
Wow, what a setup. Now I know why it's like that(Checked your profile - no female livin' with you)! :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
rato2 said:
no female livin' with you

That has it's downfalls, but still, I have all my satellite stuff to play with!!!! :D

Jaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung A300W with component output
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
Could you please look at your dish? Are they bullet marks?

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
A few years back I saw that kind of stickers for sale in a web site along with some other "tuning" stuff such as army camouflage, snow covers and some other odd things. Some looked pretty cool, some were utter crap... :rolleyes:

Forgot to mention...
Now thats a wicked setup you have there 2cvbloke. ;)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Jaffer said:
Could you please look at your dish? Are they bullet marks?

Yep, stick-on bulletholes... :D

Got 2 on my TV and one on my Nokia 9800, and one on my mum's TV!!! :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Prophessor said:
A few years back I saw that kind of stickers for sale in a web site along with some other "tuning" stuff such as army camouflage, snow covers and some other odd things. Some looked pretty cool, some were utter crap... :rolleyes:

Forgot to mention...
Now thats a wicked setup you have there 2cvbloke. ;)

I remember a TV programme years ago with attatchments for dish faces, like camoflage, brick pattern etc. I like my bullet holes though, and my oversized BSB logo, but I'm going to repaint the dish another colour, cos it stands out like a sore thumb behind the window...

And thanks!!! :D

donpely

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digital 4100ci, fortec 5100 ultra, Technomate 1500CI, geotrack motor, 110cm dish+0.2 lnb
My Location
leeds, uk
do you live in a high rise building if not why is your dish hanging around the window

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
donpely said:
do you live in a high rise building if not why is your dish hanging around the window

Nope, have a house, but I have 3 good reasons:

1. I have no garden.
2. I have no ladders.
3. I'm not allowed to drill holes in the house as it's rented.

If I had a garden it'd be out there under a binbag in a pot of cement, or if I was allowed to drill holes in the wall I'd have it out on the front of the house with a minidish for 5w and my 60cm dish for Astra's 1 & 2 & Hotbird...:D

(Yes, I know that's 3 dishes, but I don't think many people would mind)

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Hi there, long time no see :), did you ever get anything into the mag in the end ??

L.:)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancelot said:
Hi there, long time no see :), did you ever get anything into the mag in the end ??

'lo, got a lack of internet access at home at the moment (ntl overcharging me, OOPS!!! That's Cable talk!!!:eek: )...

Not yet, but have been PM'd by one of the guys at Future Publishing about it!!! :D
Can't wait for an e-mail from them!!!!!

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Yep Grant's OK, :)
Looks like you'll be famous after all then :D

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
2cvbloke, you know you can buy flat cable that will run through a closed window? It can bugger up some frequencies on a Porty dish but on an 80cm you're likely have no problems. The lack of garden *might* be a problem though!

FWIW have you checked out any feeds on Hispa? I've been watching live operations today and yesterday (plastic surgery - and in english) and just moments ago there was a feed showing voyeurist pictures of staff on a floor of an office block!

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Care to share the feed freq ?? O-Ha

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Skip Channel said:
2cvbloke, you know you can buy flat cable that will run through a closed window? It can bugger up some frequencies on a Porty dish but on an 80cm you're likely have no problems. The lack of garden *might* be a problem though!

FWIW have you checked out any feeds on Hispa? I've been watching live operations today and yesterday (plastic surgery - and in english) and just moments ago there was a feed showing voyeurist pictures of staff on a floor of an office block!

Yeah I have 2 flat-F connectors I bought a couple of months back, intended for use with my 60cm dish, but I've been studying the aerial pole and there isn't enough room for both my dish AND the aerial, and as the aerial technically isn't mine I have to leave that alone... :(

oooh!! Not tried any feeds, frequencies would be handy!!! :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancelot said:
Yep Grant's OK, :)
Looks like you'll be famous after all then :D

Well, with an e-mail address at FP, I'm sure he is OK... :D

Can't wait!!! :D

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar2 pci skystar usb + porty lidl camping dish maybe one day i'll have a dreambox 500s...
My Location
str8 frum da wesside innit?
slightly ot, but quickly, skip, what's your main feed info source?

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
The surgery feeds are: 12059 H / 4500 (multiscreen) and 12065 H / 4500 (closeup of main screen). It was on all afternoon Thursday (30th) and Friday (31st). Signal was nice and strong too - I even managed to pick it up on a new 35cm dish I was trying!

Channel IDs: TSA E85 and TSAE85 (the space is the only difference)

Hopefully it'll be on again tomorrow

The voyeuristic feed went about 20 minutes ago. It went to colour bars and then a young female reporter outside what looked to be a checkpoint for the entrance of a police station. My spanish is useless and despite PVRing it I can't make out any of it. No idea what station it was for either as her mic only had a red band on it.

BTW I recorded 27 minutes of the "voyeur"/reporter feed and my receiver is saying it took up 1.2 gig!

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Well, with an e-mail address at FP, I'm sure he is OK

No - we know he's genuine, I meant he's an OK guy :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancelot said:
No - we know he's genuine, I meant he's an OK guy :)

Sorry, me being silly, that's what I meant about OK.... :-ohmy