my box is dead

splifi

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tech1500 and dreambox500s
My Location
uk n/w
hi i have just got a dreambox500s i have tried to flash it with gemini image when i switched the box on it stuck on common interface so i tried to load and orignal image now i dont get anthing no picture just a green light on the front of the box my wife is now giving it me in the neck i have tried to connect it back with a null cable but it just keeps telling me to switch the box on, if any one could help me i would be very great full

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
85cm Penta Dish (motored)
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Quali-TV (4:2:2)
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
start again with the null modem cable...when it tells you to switch the box on...simply unplug the the powerlead from the receiver then re insert

splifi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk n/w
thanks for your reply just tried that with the dreamup and it still says connection prepared now switch on the dreambox but nothing happens

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
There is only one way really, and I think dasteelman might have it wrong.

First go to the manufacturers site and download the latest dreamUp solftware. ww.dream-multimedia-tv.de/download/DreamUP.zip

Disable the network tick box, and connect the box to it with ALL cables, leads and plugs removed/disconnected. Power lead also DISCONNECTED. Connect the dreamup program, and when it tells you to switch the box on then insert the power lead to socket. Then it should work.

P.S Please update all the systems information in your profile

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
While you are at it look at the detailed instructions at the manufacturers website
ww.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm500plus/

splifi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk n/w
still the same it just wont connect i ve even tried it with my laptop

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Just to confirm you're doing it correctly:

1. Unplug power from Dreambox.
2. Start DreamUP on the laptop.
3. Connect laptop to Dreambox with a null modem cable (not a serial or RS232 cable).
(2 and 3 may be the other way around).
4. Reconnect power cable to Dreambox when DreamUP tells you to.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Have you disabled the network on the dreamup program? Did you disconnect EVERYTHING?

1) Just for your info, the dreamup will tell you to switch box on even if you are not connected at all. So, are you sure you got the correct cam port? You could also try connecting the box to the network and try the network option, but if the image is fcucked I don't think it will respond.
2) Are you sure it is a null modem cable? Have you used it before on the dreambox?

splifi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk n/w
i used the network to flash the box but i have used the cable to load softcams to my technomate1500 its usb adaptor

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I would try a computer where you can use the null modem without the USB adapter. You never answere the queston of you disabled the network tickbox in the dreamup program.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
First you said:

i have tried to connect it back with a null cable but it just keeps telling me to switch the box on,

Now you say:

i have used the cable to load softcams to my technomate1500 its usb adaptor

You can't use a null modem cable to "load" anything to a Dreambox except an image (using DreamUP).

Are you trying to install a cam using a null modem cable? You can't.

Are you using a USB adaptor on one end of the null modem cable? That's probably why you're having problems.

splifi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk n/w
sorry yes i did disabled the network tickbox in the dreamup program.i ll try to get hold of a pc with a serial port

splifi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk n/w
i first used the Ethernet cable to connect my dreambox via a rooter it was working ok then i loaded the gemini image via the ethernet cable the box then froze so i loaded an origan dreambox500 image via the eternet cable that when the box went tits up the null cable i normaly use for my tech 1500 to load softcam ect (it is a null cable/usb adaptor) when i used dreamup i connected the other end(the end that gose into my tech box)into the dream box and thats when it say switch on the box

far2many

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
uk
Your connection is ready but your com port is being used by another program - i had this same problem with a piece of software using com port 1. Check your hardware device manager and see what is it and either uninstal it or disable it temporarily. 100% confident this is your problem.RegardsPeter

splifi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk n/w
thanks for all your help stil having no joy going to give it up for the night before i chuck it out of the widow i ll have another go tomorow

splifi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk n/w
tried a different pc with serial port still no joy i ll take it back to the shop thanks for all your help

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
:)
splifi said:
tried a different pc with serial port still no joy i ll take it back to the shop thanks for all your help

Hmmmm there must be something you are overlooking, it is normally almost impossible to kill a dreambox though flashing. I had a tight situation before where I thought I had done my box in, but then downloaded the newest dreamup and it did connet to the box in the end.

Again, even though you probably done that already:
1) Disconnect everything from the Dbox, including the Coax cable (from the dish), scart, power supply, network cable, rf cable, everything.
2) Connect the Null modem cable to box and computer
3) Open dreamup and start the dream up. (Try using one of the versions I have attached, if it does not work then the other.). Disable the network tickbox. When it tells you to switch the box back on, do'nt forget to plug in the power lead AND turn the switch at the back on.
4) If nothing happens, close program, pull power lead from dreambox and try again, this time with a different serial (com) port.
5) If nothing happens again, try the same with the different dreamup I attached.
6) If you have access to a different computer, try it there.
7) If you have access to a different null modem cable, try that. My bet is that the null modem cable is wrong.

Keep at it and don't lose faith. Look up te "Dreambox kaputt" thread/poll, not many boxes are actually beyond repair

In any case, keep trying, and if all fails and you get it to the shop please report back what the problem was, maybe we can learn something from it.

splifi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk n/w
hi still no luck but i have been told that my bootloader is creamcrackerd i ll let you know how i get on many thanks ....splifi

splifi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk n/w
box back up and running i had to get an old pc with a serialport and widows 98(xp would not work) thanks to all off you for your help

stavol75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Opentel ODX2000CIV,
DreamBox DM500s
My Location
Saudi Arabia
Hi

i had same problem and so far i could not fix it.

i follow the instruction step by step

1.take power off
2.louad DreamUP( several version).
3.power DM500 up

still i could not get response, also i tru with win98 no chance.
the cable i am using Null modem cable (2---3,3----2,5---5) direct from serial Com1 to the Box

pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase Help,

splifi, could you tell me what exactly you do to fix your Box.