My CM90cm setup in Essex.

doney1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised Technomate TM-7102 HD-T2 USB PVR Satellite Receiver
TM5000DAPCI
My Location
Essex. UK
My setup :- CM90cm dish, H-H motor(36v),10Ft pole with Heavy duty brackets(2 off) from SSS, installed in 2004.

IMG_0085.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 160

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Very neat - and welcome to the Forum.

Are those uppermost brackets man enough to stop it flexing in stormy weather?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia

doney1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5000DAPCI
My Location
Essex. UK
Tivù said:
Very neat - and welcome to the Forum.

Are those uppermost brackets man enough to stop it flexing in stormy weather?

Hi Tivu
Thanks for the welcome.
The brackets seem to be strong enough not to flex in high wind as I do not loose the signal in any direction but like last week (100mph), moved the dish towards the roof (east) to stop wind hitting the face of the dish
When I was planning the setup back in 2004 SSS recommended those backets ( each has 3 legs and about 10mm thick, fully welded ) therefore pole or brackets never move and the pole is 10ft, galvanised 50mm and 2 u bolts on each brackets.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to the forum doney1.
An excellent setup ;)

doney1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5000DAPCI
My Location
Essex. UK
Llew said:
Very nice setup doney1. Looks like new, belies its install date.

Yes, pics taken after installation but now have a new roof and may be a bit dirty dish but it is in perfect condition after all those years.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
what motor are you using on the dish?

I have the cm90 but using jaeger smr-1224 motor on a 3inch pole.

what satellite arc can you receive as the pole looks high above the roof.

doney1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5000DAPCI
My Location
Essex. UK

doney1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5000DAPCI
My Location
Essex. UK
wod said:
what motor are you using on the dish?

I have the cm90 but using jaeger smr-1224 motor on a 3inch pole.

what satellite arc can you receive as the pole looks high above the roof.

I can't remember the make of the motor unfortunately but I am sure it is German ( not China ). I bought it from ebay brand new and CM fitting extra about £60.00 for the lot in June 2004.

I used to receive a lots of transponders east & west but recently limted to 13E (Hotbird)to 28.2E (Astra), obviously the pole, motor and the dish need realigning, also since installation I'ven't been up there to do anything. Also I use my TM5000DAPCI (use as a V-Box) just to move the dish and the LNB is connected to TM5400 CI+USB.

I am going to inspect the motor and all fittings when whether is ok/summer to see it is worth to keep the motor, if so will buy a TM super box and align the dish properly or buy a Clark-Tech DisEqC Motor and hopefully I should be able to attach it to CM90 dish.I do not know untill I inspect it at ground level.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
doney1 said:
I can't remember the make of the motor unfortunately but I am sure it is German ( not China ). I bought it from ebay brand new and CM fitting extra about £60.00 for the lot in June 2004.

I used to receive a lots of transponders east & west but recently limted to 13E (Hotbird)to 28.2E (Astra), obviously the pole, motor and the dish need realigning, also since installation I'ven't been up there to do anything. Also I use my TM5000DAPCI (use as a V-Box) just to move the dish and the LNB is connected to TM5400 CI+USB.

I am going to inspect the motor and all fittings when whether is ok/summer to see it is worth to keep the motor, if so will buy a TM super box and align the dish properly or buy a Clark-Tech DisEqC Motor and hopefully I should be able to attach it to CM90 dish.I do not know untill I inspect it at ground level.

If your still going to use the dish i would stick with the 36volt motor because diseqc motors arent suitable for these type of dishes due to the weight and mounting system.

In the recent winds, i think your dish will have just moved around the pole a little. It will be easy to realign and maybe while your there lower the pole down a little as you should still get 42e-45w with the dish lower.

edbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Eygelshoven NL

doney1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5000DAPCI
My Location
Essex. UK
wod said:
If your still going to use the dish i would stick with the 36volt motor because diseqc motors arent suitable for these type of dishes due to the weight and mounting system.

In the recent winds, i think your dish will have just moved around the pole a little. It will be easy to realign and maybe while your there lower the pole down a little as you should still get 42e-45w with the dish lower.

Thanks for your advice and will keep the CM and the motor.
I've checked the pole in day light and it not 100% vertical and looks like lost some packing on the top bracket.

My next plan of action:- Remove the installation completely , sevice and clean dish and the motor. Purchase a Technomate TM-4 Universal 0.1dB QUAD LNB , Technomate TM-SUPER-BOX 111
1 input to STB and 2 inputs to HUMAX FOXSAT HDR 1TB FREESAT+ HD RECORDER and 1 input to another(upstairs) Freesat box.

Once reinstalled we will have the best of both world, TV and Satellite, I hope.
Also hope we will have some good whether very soon.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Nice install. Sweet!

Thanks for sharing the pics with us :0

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
doney1 said:
Thanks for your advice and will keep the CM and the motor.
I've checked the pole in day light and it not 100% vertical and looks like lost some packing on the top bracket.

My next plan of action:- Remove the installation completely , sevice and clean dish and the motor. Purchase a Technomate TM-4 Universal 0.1dB QUAD LNB , Technomate TM-SUPER-BOX 111
1 input to STB and 2 inputs to HUMAX FOXSAT HDR 1TB FREESAT+ HD RECORDER and 1 input to another(upstairs) Freesat box.

looking at your pics the brackets look like you can use 4 clamps, I would add another 2 which would help.

Are you using washers to level out the top bracket ?

The lnb you've listed above never used one and was going to suggest to buy the quad inverto black ultra instead as a lot of members on the forum are using these. Works great on my cm 90 and 1.2m.

doney1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5000DAPCI
My Location
Essex. UK
wod said:
looking at your pics the brackets look like you can use 4 clamps, I would add another 2 which would help.

Are you using washers to level out the top bracket ?

The lnb you've listed above never used one and was going to suggest to buy the quad inverto black ultra instead as a lot of members on the forum are using these. Works great on my cm 90 and 1.2m.

Yes I will add 4 more brackets , perhaps replace all ( total 8 ) and lower the pole down if there is no obstuction ( next door chiminy ). I used Al plates to level the pole not washers but it can be sorted out easily. Also I'll purchase a Inverto quad as you sugested ( better the devil !!!!).

Have connected TM-SUPER-BOX 111 to the system to search sats. I can get Astra 28.2 and Hotbird 13.00 both S.87%, Q.97% nothing other than those 2. And nothing from West. Scan ok from East to West but no signal at all. It seems I'll have to realign/reinstall the dish when weather is ok as I mentioned earlier post.

Further will I be able to connect 4 lnb connections of the quad lnb to Freesat box 2 lnb inputs and 1 to another freesat box and 1 to TM-5400 as all 4 leads send the power to lnb ? Or above setup will damage connected sets.

I assume in the quad lnb there are seperate electronics for 4 output signal and they are independent units. Pleas ecorrect me if I am wrong.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
doney1 said:
Have connected TM-SUPER-BOX 111 to the system to search sats. I can get Astra 28.2 and Hotbird 13.00 both S.87%, Q.97% nothing other than those 2. And nothing from West. Scan ok from East to West but no signal at all. It seems I'll have to realign/reinstall the dish when weather is ok as I mentioned earlier post.

Further will I be able to connect 4 lnb connections of the quad lnb to Freesat box 2 lnb inputs and 1 to another freesat box and 1 to TM-5400 as all 4 leads send the power to lnb ? Or above setup will damage connected sets.

I assume in the quad lnb there are seperate electronics for 4 output signal and they are independent units. Pleas ecorrect me if I am wrong.

It will be fine to connect four receivers to the quad lnb, be aware if you want to watch freesat on either of them 2 freesat receivers you will need to move the dish to 28e using the tm5400.

I have a separate dish for 28e, might be worth using one if you have a spot for a small minidish.

Regarding lowering the pole, what position is the dish in the last two pictures, looks further than 42e ?

lower the pole if you just need 42e to 45w, as it will be better with the dish closer to the roof wind wise but remember to set up hardware limits to avoid hitting the roof.