My install

gyc_uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
installing as we speak for sky tv Astra 2. love it and hate it, when trees are involved he he
My Location
Norfolk
Hiya

I know this may seem basic but i am soooo pleased with my install for sky. Two years ago we lost sky after some trees with a TPO on covered the gap i was using to get the signal. It was going to cost between 400-600 pounds to get the trees cut. Which arnt even on our land!!!!!!

We have a small garden followed by a bushes and a drive which leads to another house and Five large oak trees (Look at pic 1, the small gap at the bottom is what i was using ) . I know people moan about sky, but when you do shift work its a god send lol

After speaking to the owners of the lane, they were happy for me to run a cable from our property along under the hedge which is a boundry by our property.

I mounted a old dish i got of a freind, using a large fence post. A TV bracket and Ali pole. I mounted the dish on the pole inside the hedge on a met post.

I used the Horizon sat meter to find the Exact location. I then cut a small length of twin CT100 from the dish down through the Ali pole ( so if they are cutting the hedge i hope it wont get cut lol )

At the bottom of the pole i put in two In-line boosters. I ran Two lengthes of 50 meter cable ( CT125 ) from the post into our garden. I then connected some more CT100 cable from the garden into the house and the back of the sky box. I am guessing a run of about 60-64 meters ish.

I now have sky :) and i am supprised strength of 80%-90%. Best of all Qaulity of 70%-80%. I know strength isnt as important and you cant always trust the box for qauilty readings. Its still better than i had, and i am hoping not to loose a film half way through when it rains anymore lol.

As i said before i know its not a massive thing, but i was really pleased. Took me longer to run the cable behind the hedge than to install the dish.

So i thought i would just share it with anyone who has similar problems, or anyone thats interested.

regards

jon

Pic 1 my Garden
pic 2 the dish

Attachments

• DSCF0410.jpg
    DSCF0410.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 264

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Great stuff jon. As they say, where there's a will, there's a way :)

Llew

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Excellent solution Jon well done:-handclap

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
I am very pleased for your success. :)
Just shows that there are still some nice people out there who are willing to help.
Just a thought, if you mount the dish on top of one of the trees, can it behave like a motorized dish as the wind move it from one side of the ARC to the other? :-rofl2

gyc_uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
installing as we speak for sky tv Astra 2. love it and hate it, when trees are involved he he
My Location
Norfolk
Many thanks guys,

I am wishing i had not bother now, Wedding tv ( the missus ) :(
But hey lol, i just want good rain shower now, i wont be happy until i get one lol. The proper test for me.

Hey like you said to anyone out there i thought it was impossible to get where i live. "where there is a will there is a way" well said.

many thanks for the help and ideas i have picked up on this site!!! been super

regards

jon