My next toy - CD "jukebox"

D

davemurgtroyd

My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
Following using my DVD "jukebox" for the last 3 months I decided to look for a CD jukebox. Initially I looked at a couple of 110 disc ones but then spotted a 300 disc Sony CDP CX335 for £5 more (inc shipping) so ordered that one and now awaiting delivery.

This will mean that I will have 3 Sony "jukeboxes"
Sony DVP CX 850 - 200 disc player for DVDs, VCDs and CDs - at present loaded with over 100 music/concert DVDs
Sony CDP CX 335 - 300 disc CD player
Sony HAR LH 500 - CD/HDD player - 80 GB HDD stores 120 hours at CD quality or over a 1000 hours in Sony's ATRAC compression (their equivalent of MP3 also used on Minidiscs). Has CD player to enable direct transfer to HDD.

All 3 have PS2 keyboard sockets to make indexing of titles easier.

I will be keepjmg the DVD jukebox for music/concert DVDs as I have alot of old VHS recordings of BBC "Sight and Sound" concerts from the 70's and 80's when they used to simulcast video on BBC2 and stereo sound on FM - this was in the days before NICAM stereo TV broadcasts and I had a high end VCR which could record video from internal tuner and stereo audio with Dolby from external input - so although video is lowish quality the audio is fairly high quality. The HDD jukebox I will use for my collection of audiobooks (probably in compressed format).

I also have an Acoustic Solutions CD/HDD 40GB audio jukebox and a second Sony HAR LH 500 with faulty CD drive awaiting repair.

Last edited:
A

Archive-8

I also have an Acoustic Solutions CD/HDD 40GB
I had one of them, got rid of it in the end due to no internet db for naming the track.

I had to pay a subscription to acoustic solutions, to get updates via cd monthly.

Would you be able to change the hdd in it?

D

davemurgtroyd

My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
I had one of them, got rid of it in the end due to no internet db for naming the track.

I had to pay a subscription to acoustic solutions, to get updates via cd monthly.

Would you be able to change the hdd in it?
Not too fussed with it - display is failing so only using it in bedroom with a few audiobooks on it for when I feel rough. I also have a few other bits to keep me amused -
Panasonic 5 DVD autochanger
TEAC 5 CD autochanger
Toshiba HD DVD player
Panasonic Bluray player
Sony Minidisc recorder
Sky DVD Home Theater system - yes Sky did supply them