My next toy - CD "jukebox"

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
Following using my DVD "jukebox" for the last 3 months I decided to look for a CD jukebox. Initially I looked at a couple of 110 disc ones but then spotted a 300 disc Sony CDP CX335 for £5 more (inc shipping) so ordered that one and now awaiting delivery.

This will mean that I will have 3 Sony "jukeboxes"
Sony DVP CX 850 - 200 disc player for DVDs, VCDs and CDs - at present loaded with over 100 music/concert DVDs
Sony CDP CX 335 - 300 disc CD player
Sony HAR LH 500 - CD/HDD player - 80 GB HDD stores 120 hours at CD quality or over a 1000 hours in Sony's ATRAC compression (their equivalent of MP3 also used on Minidiscs). Has CD player to enable direct transfer to HDD.

All 3 have PS2 keyboard sockets to make indexing of titles easier.

I will be keepjmg the DVD jukebox for music/concert DVDs as I have alot of old VHS recordings of BBC "Sight and Sound" concerts from the 70's and 80's when they used to simulcast video on BBC2 and stereo sound on FM - this was in the days before NICAM stereo TV broadcasts and I had a high end VCR which could record video from internal tuner and stereo audio with Dolby from external input - so although video is lowish quality the audio is fairly high quality. The HDD jukebox I will use for my collection of audiobooks (probably in compressed format).

I also have an Acoustic Solutions CD/HDD 40GB audio jukebox and a second Sony HAR LH 500 with faulty CD drive awaiting repair.

Last edited:
A

Archive-8

I also have an Acoustic Solutions CD/HDD 40GB

I had one of them, got rid of it in the end due to no internet db for naming the track.

I had to pay a subscription to acoustic solutions, to get updates via cd monthly.

Would you be able to change the hdd in it?

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
I had one of them, got rid of it in the end due to no internet db for naming the track.

I had to pay a subscription to acoustic solutions, to get updates via cd monthly.

Would you be able to change the hdd in it?
Not too fussed with it - display is failing so only using it in bedroom with a few audiobooks on it for when I feel rough. I also have a few other bits to keep me amused -
Panasonic 5 DVD autochanger
TEAC 5 CD autochanger
Toshiba HD DVD player
Panasonic Bluray player
Sony Minidisc recorder
Sky DVD Home Theater system - yes Sky did supply them