RimaNTSS

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Brought home this gem today. It is made of 4mm (only) glass, has working area of 1825x1135mm and weights only 15.5kg. So, dish is made of quite thin material, there for it has 10 mounting points to the back frame, and no bolts on the face. I've found out that it was mounted upside-down, however it does not really matter as it is seems to be symmetrical vertically. I think in the future NLT next summer it will become my mane dish (instead of SMW1600).
BTW, what is the name (brand ) this dish is? :confused

Attachments

Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
GTE Spacenet bought a company by the name of Equatorial Communications over 30 years ago, to capitalise on their C band antenna experience. Not sure what became of the company after that.

Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK

RimaNTSS

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Also removed and brought home the stand. All nuts&bolts were rusted. Metal pipes need cleaning and painting.

Attachments

RimaNTSS

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Placed antenna on the table and leveled it. Then did some measurements and also the water-test (WT). WT helped to determine horizontal size of virtual dish. Now I can conclude that an offset angle of this beauty is ~17* (as most VSAT antennas), opening angle ~50* and focal distance 1208mm.
Yes, it needs for some special LNBs to be used, or special feedhorns with illumination angle about 50* (where IBU has ~80*). Will try to install this antenna this year, as it is already making obstacles in the garage :oops: It was need of 31 liters of water to do WT, and I was actually afraid to turn it over on the floor of the garage.

Attachments

Last edited: