RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Yes, I spotted many places on edge of dish where are scratches and bents, but mirror itself looks OK. For edges will use rubber hammer to make it look better. Just hope that dish is not warped. Seems that paint should be changed as well. As I've said - winter is ahead, lots of time (I hope).

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
I have made some kind of roof/umbrella for polar mechanism, and after getting snow seems that it is working fine. Roof is made out of 80cm offset antenna :-shh SnowHat.JPG

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Hi! Question: Did somebody tried 1/16 Diseqc switch Gecen GD-1601A? I maybe do not like that wires will be connected all around it, but price equivalent of 10 GBP makes me interested.
ScreenHunter_08 Dec. 10 22.41.jpg

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
RimaNTSS said:
Hi! Question: Did somebody tried 1/16 Diseqc switch Gecen GD-1601A? I maybe do not like that wires will be connected all around it, but price equivalent of 10 GBP makes me interested.
Hi - this isn't directly answer the question but I have a GD-10A, which has 10 ports. It's supposedly programmable between various Diseqc modes but I've never been able to find the programming unit for it - I use it exclusively in mode 1.1. I've had no problems with it apart from not being able to cascade it with a 1/4 switch on ports 9 and and 10 using an Openbox S10. With the lower-numbered ports it's fine. I certainly wouldn't like the fact that the connections aren't all on one side - in fact I've retired a 1/4 switch with connections on two sides and replaced it with another where all the connections come out of the bottom and there is a weather hood (as with the GD-10A).

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Thanks for info. I have several 1/10 diseqcs working in cascade no problem. Have got them programmed in Modus 5. But anyway when cascading there is always lose of signal. You can see my box of disecs at the begging of this tread. There are also some 1/4 both-sided diseqcs.

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
RimaNTSS said:
Thanks for info. I have several 1/10 diseqcs working in cascade no problem. Have got them programmed in Modus 5. But anyway when cascading there is always lose of signal. You can see my box of disecs at the begging of this tread. There are also some 1/4 both-sided diseqcs.
Ah yes, have seen that picture before. Very neat work :) One day I'll have the time to try and get my cabling up to standard.... The signal loss with cascading doesn't bother me too much as I only *need* to receive 19.2E and 28.2E and the LNBs for those are connected directly to the receivers and I'm well within the practical footprints for those for the size and type of dish I'm using. The other 15 or so LNBs are just for dabbling - am not a hardcore DXer :)

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Hi! After seeing this ad I mediately set my heart on 1,8 aluminum PFA with 2 actuators and 2 positioners. Price is less than 100 bucks, will not even bargain. Unfortunately, by now this is only picture I have, but owner promised to send me more soon.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Hi! After seeing this ad I mediately set my heart on 1,8 aluminum PFA with 2 actuators and 2 positioners. Price is less than 100 bucks, will not even bargain. Unfortunately, by now this is only picture I have, but owner promised to send me more soon.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_10 Dec. 14 20.55.jpg
    ScreenHunter_10 Dec. 14 20.55.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 141

Captain Jack

Retired human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Are you not running out of space on that balcony?

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
Captain Jack said:
We have plenty of space in the garden, and the perfect south-facing corner for it. I mentioned to my wife the possibility of putting up another dish and roughly translated she said "you're ******* kidding, aren't you?". I decided not to push it, for now :) I have the T-90 bolted to the side of the house for easy access and she doesn't like it very much. One of these days I'll tidy up the cables...

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Captain Jack said:
Thanks for reminding. This is actually an issue, not a problem, that means I have some options :-crying As hairybadger says there is plenty of garden space, but if I do so there will be rising issues with grass cutting at summer time.

Captain Jack

Retired human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I'd be more concerned of the ball-cutting from the wife.

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
Captain Jack said:
I'd be more concerned of the ball-cutting from the wife.
:) I could hide it at the eastern corner, but then the trees would block anything to the west of my current position (about 6E), and since the T-90 is centred on 19.2E that would defeat the object of the motorized exercise :)

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Got better picture of my future toy.

Attachments

• 180cmPFA_V.JPG
    180cmPFA_V.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 153

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
looks in good condition.

from the picture i would alter the mounting bracket as the pole size only looks about 2inch ?

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
of course, if I finally take this ant, I will take it apart completely and then look what could be done better than at the moment. There is another picture from front with T90 for comparison

Attachments

• 180cmPFA_Front.JPG
    180cmPFA_Front.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 149

doktorofsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C BANDIT
My Location
QTH
<span>RimaNTSS</span>
Great setup, nice work!

What about the reception of Yahsat 52.5E in your region?

Do you tryr to receive asian c band satellites like 76,5east , 78,5east ,83east ?
Any try on 96,5East in Ku maybe C band

Best Regards

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Hi doktorofsat! You only giving hard questions do not you? :-wow
I think I have scanned one frequency from 52,5*E in good weather conditions, otherwise how could I get list of channels in my dreambox?
I do not have C-band LNB at the moment, but when I had one I had some channels from 76,5*E, one of them was Bangla Vision 4050H 4300 3/4 with 31%.
I had nothing from 78,5*E and 83*E, did not even try those birds.
96,5*E Ku and C is still in my list, however elevation is <1* and there could be problems with obstacles.
Now my 1,5m PFA is mechanically limited to 90*E, so, perhaps next summer will try to go more East.
BTW starting from post 128 it is not my setup. It is great but not mine yet. :-shifty

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Perhaps I was good boy this year, therefore Santa decided to award me with brand new receiver GigaBlue HD Quad plus additional combined C/T tuner. It is payed-up and now just waiting for arrival.
Happy New Year!

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
RimaNTSS said:
Perhaps I was good boy this year, therefore Santa decided to award me with brand new receiver GigaBlue HD Quad plus additional combined C/T tuner. It is payed-up and now just waiting for arrival.
Happy New Year!
I'd be interested to hear of your experiences with this box :) Is on my wishlist..... happy new year!