Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
pehh said:
Are there any channels on Hotbird broadcast in Nagra2 ?

The TVN bouquet are nag 1 and 2 11408V 27500 3/4

bud man

Reaction score
I have been reading about the N2 hack here for Dish Network, I have not seen it myself but many seem to have it up and running.

Missey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Athlon 2400
Nexus-s
Progdvb
sg2100
My Location
Nova Scotia
Not sure where or how to post this. I have been up and running for the last 12hrs. over here in NA on D***N** using the KrasnalTM.dll file. Everything wide open! ( I have no idea how long it will last). Hats off to someone with a lot more smarts than me. I removed the Fenrir and Yankse files only. Left the Nagra and softCam files in, deleted all the info in my channels folder and did a re-scan.
Nesus-S, ProgDVB 4.26
Athlon 2400
39" dish,SG-2100
Invacom "Q" lnb
( the Krasnal file has been posted on a lot of different sites )
I stick with 4.26, I prefer the way it scans the channels.
Missey.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
You could always give S2EMU 1.16 a spin and see if that does it for you too. Had some good reports over this side using it for N2 as well.

Rgds

L. :)

Missey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Athlon 2400
Nexus-s
Progdvb
sg2100
My Location
Nova Scotia
I downloaded S2EMU a while back but never got around to trying it, I think later on I will give it a shot.Missey.

slugworth

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gsky v7
My Location
New England
bud man said:
I have been reading about the N2 hack here for Dish Network, I have not seen it myself but many seem to have it up and running.

Dishnetwork is already countering the N2 hack.
They changed the service type byte for the mature content channels.
They can do the same for all the other channels.
Wrong service type byte in firmware=black screen.

Missey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Athlon 2400
Nexus-s
Progdvb
sg2100
My Location
Nova Scotia
Yes I see that. Like some one said before "let the games begin"

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
N2 channels disapearing again in NA.
hank007
I dont think anyone has hacked anything,What I see is a powerplay by some big money people.

Missey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Athlon 2400
Nexus-s
Progdvb
sg2100
My Location
Nova Scotia
I have MyTheatre up and running with S2EMU 1.17 on D*** N** on a few channels, very slow. I may need to change some settings, i don"t use MyTheatre that much so I am not that familiar with it. Progdvb still working good with KrasnalTM since thursday.

Missey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Athlon 2400
Nexus-s
Progdvb
sg2100
My Location
Nova Scotia
As of right now right ProgDVB is working extremely well in NA with only two files 'S2emu1.172.zip' and 'Softcam-NA (dishNet).zip.. Remove all the other decode files First.(Yankse,Finrar,Nagra.Key,Nagra folder,Caid1800.dll, ect)

scratch27

Reaction score
kalamar said:
N2 channels disapearing again in NA.
hank007
I dont think anyone has hacked anything,What I see is a powerplay by some big money people.

Yes a hack did occur. The IDEA and RSA keys on the new N2 cards were hacked and spread all around the internet. Not sure who finally read them with a ISO reader or where they are located on the card. This is not a hole, as previously exploited in the RCA system, it is a hack. You need the RSA and IDEA in combination with the regular keys to descramble signal. I hate to say it but be a little more open minded, especially if you don't understand encriptions or the process of hacking. I would agree with you however that big money comes into play as it usually does. Hundreds of thousands of FTA units have been sold and the asians who make them want this to continue, therefore, they will continue to support the hacking end to keep there recievers leaving the shelves.

mr.crane

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec ultra, soon dm500, computer winxpro
i can verify my coolsat pro, and just about most fta receivers here working, since sept2, did lose the mature content channels next day, but as of today all is still working ok.

MattJ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digibox, Technomate 5500, Humax CR-5510 and Comag Porty 2
Dragon CAM
45/80cm mesh dishes, 35cm solid dish, Triax TD110
My Location
North-West England
The TV Cabo website now confirms the fact that a card change is taking place for the service - however, one has to wonder just weather the change is now a waste of money.

c.barber

Some Strange Dude :D
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Starsat SR-X200CI and 80cm dish (0.3db LNB) on Hispasat 30w
My Location
Suffolk Coast
yes says the same thing as on The Den

giver

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
scratch27 said:
Yes a hack did occur. The IDEA and RSA keys on the new N2 cards were hacked and spread all around the internet. Not sure who finally read them with a ISO reader or where they are located on the card. This is not a hole, as previously exploited in the RCA system, it is a hack. You need the RSA and IDEA in combination with the regular keys to descramble signal. I hate to say it but be a little more open minded, especially if you don't understand encriptions or the process of hacking. I would agree with you however that big money comes into play as it usually does. Hundreds of thousands of FTA units have been sold and the asians who make them want this to continue, therefore, they will continue to support the hacking end to keep there recievers leaving the shelves.
You don't even understand what have happened.
The FTA makers had nothing to do with this,but to take the public information about the hack and use the same exact code ,originally from spain,including the glitches and all,in their boxes.
This has nothing to do with them paying anybody.
In fact,as the FTA makers have nothing to work with,meaning they don't have more that was leaked (ecm code and keys),their support will stop as soon as something change.You already see the mature content channels using another key and they don't have how to support those.
The facts are:
DVB pci cards were the first that used the "leaked" code (from the galaxis ird's) in their emus,right after those galaxis ird's firmware were dissasembled and posted publically.
Dreambox/TD was next.
Now those FTA bins came over a week later.
You only need the RSA and idea key,nothing else.Look at the code.
Plus,now the FTA makers are making code that kill the irds by overclocking them,so,how many of those thousands of ird sold went down,and will still go down.
Anyway,they want to still sell boxes,they will have to find their own way to support them.

scratch27

Reaction score
There are reports that N2 in North America is down, key switch took place a few hours ago. Lets see what happens. Anybody have the new idea and RSA keys? Ya right.

c.barber

Some Strange Dude :D
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Starsat SR-X200CI and 80cm dish (0.3db LNB) on Hispasat 30w
My Location
Suffolk Coast
apparently confirmed that nagra2 is now torn apart, so if this is true, we should have the new keys for North America soon......

scratch27

Reaction score
giver said:
You don't even understand what have happened.
The FTA makers had nothing to do with this,but to take the public information about the hack and use the same exact code ,originally from spain,including the glitches and all,in their boxes.
This has nothing to do with them paying anybody.
In fact,as the FTA makers have nothing to work with,meaning they don't have more that was leaked (ecm code and keys),their support will stop as soon as something change.You already see the mature content channels using another key and they don't have how to support those.
The facts are:
DVB pci cards were the first that used the "leaked" code (from the galaxis ird's) in their emus,right after those galaxis ird's firmware were dissasembled and posted publically.
Dreambox/TD was next.
Now those FTA bins came over a week later.
You only need the RSA and idea key,nothing else.Look at the code.
Plus,now the FTA makers are making code that kill the irds by overclocking them,so,how many of those thousands of ird sold went down,and will still go down.
Anyway,they want to still sell boxes,they will have to find their own way to support them.

If you read what I said, I never said that the FTA makers had anything to do with the hack; to be more clear in my point..., the FTA makers simply took the IDEA and RSA keys and developed or assisted development of the software to use their respective receivers. I agree that if a hack is extremely difficult or costly they will abandon ship and leave those that have no idea whats going on with "true FTA" boxes and nothing more. I don't really care, this is a true hobby for me and I will just watch what is truly FTA if/when a hack is made available. I'm not one of those folks out there that spend 1000+ dollars a year in hacks just to watch TV. I myself maintain a moderately priced subscription package with Bell over here, as watching free tv really isn't worth the hastle unless your just in it for fun. I am very aware that DVB PCI cards were the first ones out of the starting block. You have to admit though that logically, if you were an asian company who went from hundreds of FTA units sold per year to thousands, wouldn't you want to keep the ball rolling regardless of who actually found the hack first. I see no reason why you interpreted my post as you did, all I have to say is watch the rude tone, we're all in this together, regardless of who when and how, lets just say, a few PPV's later and a few bucks less spent on a movie rental.....alot of us are happy.