Nagravision

R

richardp

My Location
pj::
i HAVE A GEMPLUS CAM AND FUN 4 CARD, IS IT SIMPLY THE CASE TO FIND A WORKING FILE STICK IT IN THE RECEIVER AND HEY PRESTO!

2old4this

2old4this

Honorary Admin
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
what kind of receiver, and what firmware have you got loaded in it (original, or patched?)?
Do you have any other types of CI CAM?

R

richardp

My Location
Hi
I have a manhatten dsr 5500 original firmware along with a irdeto4.7se cam.
I especially want to view polsat channels,and also is it neccessary to use fun 4 cards rather than straight forward fun cards.
Richard.

2old4this

2old4this

Honorary Admin
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
A "FreeCAM2" will work with a standard funcard suitably loaded with the 6-n-1 files to give access to Nagravision. A funcard will not however work in your Gemplus Nagra CAM.

If your Irdeto CAM is indeed a 4.7SE then it means it must already have been reprogrammed by a hobbyist or satellite dealer, since no CAM was ever originally shipped with that firmware. So it should be reprogammable again, to a FreeCAM2.
Please check the part number on the back and cross-check it here to verify that:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1674

R

richardp

My Location
Hello again.
I don't really want to mess about with the Irdeto cam as it was very expensive and I'm not to clued up on patching or flashing cams,when you say a funcard won't work with the gemplus cam are you saying that a funcard4 won't work either,basically should a funcard4 work with the cam given the right files.
Richard.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The only files that I've seen for the Nagra CAM are for gold cards Richard. If you have a Windows 98 loaded laptop, flashing a CAM is quite easy, but if you are not confident, then you are probably right to leave it alone.

R

richardp

My Location
Many thanks,I'll have a look for these files.
Richard.

2old4this

2old4this

Honorary Admin
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Win95 also works for flashing the CAM. But not all laptops work. I use a Toshiba Tecra with win95 and it works every time. It's definitely worth flashing the CAM to a FreeCAM2 since it will then handle 6 different encryption systems rather than just 2 (Irdeto & Betacrypt). And you can use it in any patched or unpatched CI receiver.

2old

Burnt Chips

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
I think hes on about the Auto-updateing files (on the Dudez) for a fun4/gemplus /nagra setup, but he will need to find the cam box key to use these, (and i aint got a gemplus so i dont know how)

S

sunshinefr

Is it possible to watch hispasat30° channels with progdvb or multidec 9.x, can i use softcam_key for this.
Thanks.

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes you can, it is part of the six in one file. All you need is hex to MD converter, see the downloads section at the top of the page.

R

richardp

My Location
2old4this said:
Win95 also works for flashing the CAM. But not all laptops work. I use a Toshiba Tecra with win95 and it works every time. It's definitely worth flashing the CAM to a FreeCAM2 since it will then handle 6 different encryption systems rather than just 2 (Irdeto & Betacrypt). And you can use it in any patched or unpatched CI receiver.

2old

I am very intrested in flashing my irdeto cam, could you explain to me the process involved and what bits and bobs I need to do this or perhaps a link to where I might get this info.
Richard.

P.S. Why do I need a laptop?

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Richard, you need a laptop, because you sit the CAM in the PCMCIA slot. What version is your Irdeto CAM, it will only work with the older ones.

R

richardp

My Location
rolfw said:
Hi Richard, you need a laptop, because you sit the CAM in the PCMCIA slot. What version is your Irdeto CAM, it will only work with the older ones.
Hi.
It's a 4.7 se.

G

giver

The gemplus cannot be updated by any means but a special loader that is not public.
And i don't believe there is any patches for this CAM to make it work in other encryptions,as far as i know.
If you know,please post,as i have one and I had to pull out the tsop to read the boxkeys,but i would be glad to find out if there is a patch for it.
Thank you