Need help before buying Diablo Cam

thunder2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DVBViewer and DVB-S
My Location
Sweden
Hey,

I Have some questions about Diablo Cam before buying it... Hope that you guys will help me.

The questions are:

1. What do i need? The diablo cam and any thing more?
Thinking of buying Diablo Cam Light 2.3 + CAS 3 Programmer - Other places where i should buy this?

2. Do i need a card to put in it? Or is there no need when i buy that whole packed? (To programmering) (I don't have any card!)

3. What recievers are supported? Maybe a link

4. Can i use the cam on the computer too? With a tuner and CI module like this: Technotrend S2-3200 HDTV-S2 + Budget-CI + TT-Viewer

5. With the Underworld installed and new keys i can recieve C*nal Digit*l on 1 West right? All channels and also HD channels?

Hope you guys will help me with this before i buy, THANKS!

Greetings
//THUNDER

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Welcome to the forum thunder2008,
I think you should re-read the forum rules again.
To program a Diablo Cam you require a Cas programmer, I recommend the Cas 3+ as this can also program cards as well as cams.
The Diablo 2.3 can currently open Canal Digital 1W, but can not open the HD channels with a S/R of 30000.
It can also open DigitAlb 16E, but nothing can open the HD channels on DigitAlb without an official receiver.
A MII+ card, with Conax Cam, version 3.1 or 4, can open the S/R 30000 HD channels on Canal Digital, but you will need a phoenix programmer to program the card.

thunder2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DVBViewer and DVB-S
My Location
Sweden
I had edit the original post...
So what do i need? I would like Canal Digital and maybe also the HD channels...
But do i have to have a MII+ card and Diablo cam? and also a phoenix programmer?
That sounds expensive... can't the CAS3+ programmer be used with MII+?

Thanks for the help!

Greetings

thunder2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DVBViewer and DVB-S
My Location
Sweden
I think this should be the packed right:

Diablo Cam Light 2.3 + CAS 3 Programmer

and
M 2 + ( Plus)

Is it possible to program the M2+ card with CAS 3 programmer?

THANKS for the help!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
You do not need the Diablo Cam, but it will still be quite expensive and we don't know how long the channels will stay available.
You will need a suitable Conax Cam, second hand approx £15-25. MII+ card £50-£90, Cas 3+ around £50, or cheap phoenix programmer around £20.
The MII+ will currently open Canal Digital 1W and DigitAlb 16E, whereas the Diablo 2.3 can currently open tose packages and Premiere 19E, Polsat 13E and Digi TV 1W.
If viewing on a PCI card you might require the Cas 3+ plus anyway to use as a Cam/Card reader.

thunder2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DVBViewer and DVB-S
My Location
Sweden
Mickha said:
You do not need the Diablo Cam, but it will still be quite expensive and we don't know how long the channels will stay available.
You will need a suitable Conax Cam, second hand approx £15-25. MII+ card £50-£90, Cas 3+ around £50, or cheap phoenix programmer around £20.
The MII+ will currently open Canal Digital 1W and DigitAlb 16E, whereas the Diablo 2.3 can currently open tose packages and Premiere 19E, Polsat 13E and Digi TV 1W.
If viewing on a PCI card you might require the Cas 3+ plus anyway to use as a Cam/Card reader.

I would like all those channels that Diablo can get... So can i use Diablo as the conax cam right? Diablo supports nearly all cams right?

I didn't know that i can use the CAS 3+ as a cam/card reader.... Thanks for the info that is nice :)

But will MII+ open the HD channels too? I had heard there is some problems with diablo and MII+ and the HD channels on 30000... Anyone that can help?

THANKS for the help! Greetings

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
It's like this:
MII+ and original Conax Cam can open DigitAlb, except the HD channels, and Canal Digital including the HD channels with a S/R of 30000.

Diablo 2.3 can open DigitAlb, except the HD channels, and Canal Digital but NOT the HD channles with a S/R of 30000.

Have a read through the forum, especially regarding PCI Satellite cards, as there should be some advice to help you open some channels.

thunder2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DVBViewer and DVB-S
My Location
Sweden
Mickha said:
It's like this:
MII+ and original Conax Cam can open DigitAlb, except the HD channels, and Canal Digital including the HD channels with a S/R of 30000.

Diablo 2.3 can open DigitAlb, except the HD channels, and Canal Digital but NOT the HD channles with a S/R of 30000.

Have a read through the forum, especially regarding PCI Satellite cards, as there should be some advice to help you open some channels.

Can i program a M2+ card with CAS3 Plus programmer?
It is for conax C*nal Digit*l 1.0W

And a Conax CI Cam (Smit) for using the card in any reciever?

And if i buy that DVB-S2 card without the CI-module i can use the CAS3 Plus as a cardreader ? In DVBViewer?

Please help!

Greetings

dublindanny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox7000
My Location
arklow co.wicklow r.o.i.
i purchased both the cas 3 and diablo cam 2 weeks ago and thanks to this forum i got it up and running in a matter of half hour,i suggest you have a read through this forum and then get the above,i have a dreambox 7000 and also an echostar 3600 ip and the cam opens the channels that this forum told you about,my opinion is buy the cam and cam.