Need Help To Overcome Nasty Neighbour

ambriel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+, numerous PCs.
My Location
UK
welder3 said:
copper does not work, but salt petter does.........tree has a heart attack, dead in 2-3 days.
Works even better it you mix it with some carbon and sulphur, and apply a match :)

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
ambriel said:
Works even better it you mix it with some carbon and sulphur, and apply a match :)

5TH november would be a good day.:)

ITS A SCAM !

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Oscam Debian dedicated server
Sempron 3000+ 1.5gb ram
Omnikey 3121 USB reader
Smargo Smartreader+
Technomate TM-600 pvr
Technomate TM-2300 Super
85cm Dish 0.1 lnb
Dreambox DM500s Clone
Spiderbox HD7000
My Location
United Kingdom
jodevizes said:
Hi Guys,
I am not very technically minded so please bear with me. My neighbours trees have now grown such that when the wind blows I have to watch a DVD as the signal breaks up. I have a small Sky dish with I guess a normal set up.
He is being a b*st*rd and telling me he is not going to cut his trees. I know I can sue him and pay a lawyer lots of money, which I don't have, and that will take months.
Is there any way I can move the dish around to get a better signal ? There is also a larger dish from a previous tenant but I suppose that doesn't work or the Sky man would have used that.

Any help would be really appreciated. )(-red

Jo

A very interesting story indeed....doing my job i have a lot ot do with residents trees, and know a little about the law what may help you. If you can prove that the dish was there first, then there is no argument that you can insist that he prunes the tree..even better if you can also get other neighbours to support this evidence in your favour...if he chooses not to prune it then you face no other option to seek legal advice. Also, even though the tree may be on his property, the land above ground level that he owns is not all his....I am not sure exacly how far up the ownership goes, but he does not own the land all the way up to space..i think its about 30ft. Also if it is blocking out your sunlight there is another law that you can use. Its called the "right of light" and the sun was certainly before the tree !! so the tree has to be pruned to allow you your sunlight back..hope this may help you..

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
ITS A SCAM ! said:
Also if it is blocking out your sunlight there is another law that you can use. Its called the "right of light" and the sun was certainly before the tree !! so the tree has to be pruned to allow you your sunlight back..hope this may help you..

The right to light law is completely at the discretion of the council involved. My next door's kitchen window looks out onto the wall of his neighbour's 30 ft garage and the house behind that above where the garage roof finishes. So there is sunlight into the kitchen window on the left for approx 1 hour on the left side in the morning and one hour on the right side when setting in the evening. His neighbour has just been granted planning permission to convert the garage in to 2 story granny flat for his parents, even though it will block 100% of sunlight indeed any light into the kitchen window. Although my neighbour objected, he was told that the requirement to house and look after the elderly has greater priority now than the right to light.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
When I was about 8 years old, I wanted to have fir tree in grandma's yard badly. But she only had plums and apples. Once, I spotted a bottle of fir tree bath gel in the bathroom :) So I poured it into plums roots. Leafs of plum tree went away in autumn, but never come back in spring :) So just moving around with shampoo bottle may be safer, than with dedicated weedkiller :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Topper said:
His neighbour has just been granted planning permission to convert the garage in to 2 story granny flat for his parents, even though it will block 100% of sunlight indeed any light into the kitchen window. Although my neighbour objected, he was told that the requirement to house and look after the elderly has greater priority now than the right to light.

No real issue, as once the clogs have been popped, the neighbour can demolish it without remorse.

foden

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro 1 Metre Dish
Dark Gold Lnb 0.1
Superior Dark Motor
Super Darkbox HD Rev 2008 Combo
Cable CT-100
My Location
Liverpool
I had a neighbour like that only worse, in the end they decided the best thing to do was to sell up and move.

When the new neighbours moved in the first thing they done was to remove all the trees, i was one happy guy.

nostromo52

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
quad core intel, 2 a4 1 a3 printers 8 drives, 24inch and 22 inch monitors, freeview card and dvb s2 sat card
My Location
UK
You may find petrol with a match could restore your signal. Usually within minutes.

D

deleted

i dont believe that this thread is still on going ?

i have said in my post above that the dish will work fine on your chimney

so what is the problem or do you just like winging

if SKY have fiited were it is then it is there responsibility.

unless you have been complaining for more than 12 months, in that case

you may as well carry on moaning m8

m4rk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Villach: Invacom Quad QDF-031 C120 flange LNB, CM feedhorn, Pace 2600C1, Humax Foxsat HDR+HD, 1.5m Gilbertini dish. Reception is very good during daytime. Better than 50% quality, 80% strength on Humax meters. After midnight I can get some blocking o
My Location
Austria, Villach
For those wondering a dish position could beobstructed there is way to check if a proposed or current position is obstructed or not. No meter or dish required.

Twice a year, March and October, for several days the sun passes directly behind the satellite and the signal is swamped for about 10mins on each day. On those days and at the specifc times any shadow falling on the proposed location means the dish's line of site to the satellite is blocked.

You can use this site to calculate the times you need to check the locations:

_http://www.satellite-calculations.com/SUNcalc/SUNcalc.htm"]Sun Outage Calculator

Select Astra 2D satellite, enter your location ( Google maps can help get the exact coordinates), select season, enter dish size.

Hit calculate and you will have the times you need to check for shadows on the dish. You will need to mark the area or use a template to indicate the dish in the location you are checking.... or several if you plan check several locations. I think you will have about 5mins max to check all locations.

If you already have a dish in place the only shadow you should see is that of the LNB shadow moving along the very bottom edge: For an offest dish (the most common household type) its like this:

_http://www.skyinmadrid.com/fora/dish_sun.jpg

FYI For a prime focus dish the shadow will pass through the extact centre of the dish. Again you should see no otther shadows on the dish.

Attachments

• dish_sun.jpg
    dish_sun.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 24

rosemarie1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 2xdishes i with 4 lnbs direct to tv,computor p bell vista home
My Location
england
jodevizes said:
Hi Guys,
I am not very technically minded so please bear with me. My neighbours trees have now grown such that when the wind blows I have to watch a DVD as the signal breaks up. I have a small Sky dish with I guess a normal set up.
He is being a b*st*rd and telling me he is not going to cut his trees. I know I can sue him and pay a lawyer lots of money, which I don't have, and that will take months.
Is there any way I can move the dish around to get a better signal ? There is also a larger dish from a previous tenant but I suppose that doesn't work or the Sky man would have used that.

Any help would be really appreciated. )(-red

Jo
jo the installer is paid to install new kit he would not concider using old one, the old dish will be fine and better, as long as the old lmb is ok and the dish is pointing true,which i suppect, yours could be slightly out,only takes a fraction to give the probs you have,