Need help with BADR 4

mehdi78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a 1.2m dish and Fortec Star fs-4700 receiver. Trying to access BADR4 satellite
My Location
glasgow
Hi,
i'm new to the whole satellite thing. I wanted to receive the arabic channels provided by the BADR 4 satellite. I asked a company called skyline installations to do it for me.
They recommended a 1.2m dish so for the past 2 months they have been trying to pick up the badr4 satellite but i haven't even got one of the arabic channels listed on the lyngsat website, all i get is German mature content.
I live near glasgow do you think this dish is big enough and are the BADR4 channels definitely free to air.
I eally need elp cause this company are refusing to give a refund for the dish cause they say they have done their job properly!!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
German mature content?

They've set it up on the wrong Satellite. Clueless.

Bang to rights - get 'em to sort it out or take it away!

Very happy for you to quote my comments. No doubt "Disgusted of Tonbridge Wells" will add to the general opprobrium in due course.

Almost certainly they've got you on Astra 1 at 19.2E, but Post up a couple or three Channel names and we'll confirm - although I guess you know already as you're familiar with Lyngsat.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Sounds like they have set it up on 19E instead of 26E! :-lmao

In which case they have most definitely NOT set it up properly. :D

BTW - You may struggle for the MBC channels on Badr 4 in Glasgow even with a 1.2m dish.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yup, I was right: Opprobrium with a sense of humour :cool:

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, I don't know about dish size need in Glasgow, but down here 1.2m is plenty for Badr4, but I suspect not up in Glasgow.

The easiest transponder to pick up is 12182H, with an advantage that that freq is not used on 28E.

To give yourself definitive proof, name us a channel you can see and its frequency, then we can say for definite which satellite they have put your dish on.

German mature content does not give enough to go on, as there are loads of those. There's some on 23.5E as well.

mehdi78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a 1.2m dish and Fortec Star fs-4700 receiver. Trying to access BADR4 satellite
My Location
glasgow
thanks for the response.
I have :
Rhein main tv
lustkanal.tv
juwelo tv
123 DamenwahlMobile s_x
Fotohandy
Dateline

The list goes on!!! How useless can these guys be that they dont even know how to do their own job)(-red

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Yes confirmed, it's been locked up on 19.2°E :D

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Patently most of us aren't too well informed about German mature content .......... ;)

Have you been back on the dog to them or are you going to have a go yourself?

Let's face it, sevens degree further East and a tiny bit down, then finish off using the TP Robbo mentioned ...............

mehdi78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
glasgow
Thanks guys for the feedback will give it a go myself but I am still going to chase those guys up for a refund. Note to people in North Lanarkshire Dont use Skyline Installations they dont know zip!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
What did you expect - looking at their website they are Sky installers (= clueless ladder monkeys). The website doesnt say anything about none Sky installs.

You dont go anywhere near Sky installers for foreign TV.

mehdi78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
glasgow
couldnt find anyone in my local area to do it but acording to them they do it all the time. Wish i could go back in time and give myself a good kick for even considering them!!

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Get it corrected/installed correctly then ask the new installer to do a full installation report and pass it on to them.

PeteB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Maplin supplied
Fortec Star 80 cm motorised dish.
Fortec Star Innovation receiver / 8Gb USB stick.
My Location
Central Scotland
Just for your info mehdi78 I live in Falkirk and 90cm dish brings in no Arabic channels

mehdi78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
glasgow
I had a look on my box for the transponder that Robbio mentioned (12182H) but i dont seem to have it. Are there any others I could use?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
You will be able to "Add Transponder" ............ best to work out how to do that as the particular one mentioned has advantages of strength and the fact that there is no equivalent on 28E.