Need help with StarSat 2000HD installation please!

Sophiane

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
reschoug divergent
My Location
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, new to these forums and I'd really like some help setting up my Starsat 2000HD.

So I purchased the receiver while on holiday in Algeria and was told it came ready with a server to un-scramble the channels and all I had to do was hook it up to my internet. Now admittedly, my knowledge of satellite receivers is very limited but I have been trying in every way I know to connect it but with no luck!

When I connect the ethernet cable from my receiver to my modem, the LAN switch that should flash green when a device is connected does not, which prompts me to believe the receiver is not being picked up by my modem. I've tried a few different ethernet cables and other LAN ports but I've still had no luck.

I've also gone into the Network Settings of the receiver and tried entering my IP Settings and all the details. According to the user manual I should just be able to press the blue button and it will auto fill this information, the blue button didn't work though so I had to enter the information manually with the network details I acquired from my laptop. After entering them manually this still had no affect and it still read ''disconnected" at the bottom, in fact the button for connect actually did nothing at all!

The receiver it's self doubles up as a traditional analog one and also works with the internet, at the moment all the free unscrambled channels are working fine so the analog is working, I'm unable however to connect it to the internet and get access to the scrambled channels.

As I say, I'm really out of my depth here and so would really really appreciate anyone's help on the matter as I'd love to get my receiver up and working ASAP!

Thanks in advance guys!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Welcome to the Forum - but unfortunately the are you are having problems with is one we don't permit detailed discussion of - ie Pay Servers which deprive Broadcasters of legitimate revenue.

If you can live with those restrictions, I imagine that someone with specific knowledge of your Box will be able to offer advice about the technical aspects of Network issues.