Need serious help with Dreambox

Filoofo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a Dreambox 500 which i bought from the Middle East and i am having trouble with the channels
My Location
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently bought a Dreambox from the Middle East and in the shop i bought it from the guy tested it for me just in case i suspected he cheated it worked fine, he told me the Box has cCam installed so all Arabic channels such as Showtime, ART, Al Jazeera etc. work fine and i saw them working so he packed it in front of me and gave it to me when i brought it back with me to UK i turned it on and all channels that you pay for stopped working for some reason only free channels work

So guys please help me out or give me links to another post in the forum but i need serious help because i payed alot for the Box

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenice i have caused and excuse me for not searching alot in the forum

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you connected it to the internet? sounds like you need to connect to a card sharing server.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you are hoping to watch the Showtime channels you are going to need a ruddy great dish in the UK - tell us your nearest city and we will tell you what size you are likley to need.

Apart from that as Rolf says your not connected to your card share server.

carling8668

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ex sky customer with below run of the mill comp & no idea what i,m doing
My Location
sheffield
bought a 500s myself today can get arabic channels but no sky sports or movies seller told me this was plug in and view with all sky channels, is this because i,m not connected to a server , sorry if i,ve already posted this as i can,t find my last post

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A Dreambox is not a magic solution to get all the pay channels free. There are two ways to watch the sky channels

1) with a subscription card inserted
2) with a card share enabled on it

Were you sold it with a card share in the cost?

Or is it a 500C - which is a cable box and discussion of those is forbidden here.

carling8668

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ex sky customer with below run of the mill comp & no idea what i,m doing
My Location
sheffield
analogue, excuse my ignorance, i,m new to this dreambox stuff, i bought the box on the understanding i would get sky channels for a yearly fee which i haven,t yet paid, payment on approval, its a 500s but no subscription card in it, like i said i,m new to this ,still learning and any help would be much appreiciated, excuse the spelling ,will it be the seller has,nt paid for the card share

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well assuming it is set up for card sharing is your Dreambox connected to your router with a cat5 cable?

Which Arabic channels are your getting??