markyd23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400+ & LNB
Humax Foxsat HD+ Freesat box
Sky+ box, Satlink meter
80cm solid dish goldstar 0.3 LNB with satfinder motor
Panasonic digibox Pace digibox goldstar
80cm mesh dish, Skystar2 pc card 139 inline boosters!
My Location
south scotland
Hi folks, am thinking of getting a motor for my hotbird/astra dish which has a twin LNB.
I mainly have the set up for the footy - TPS, Canal Deporte(occasionally!) and, though I have a Silvercrest SL65, it is also connected to skystar2 on the PC.

So......
Are there any footy (prem) channels which I may pick up for free with a motorized setup?
Are there any which can be got with softcam etc through ss2?
Is it worth the effort?
Presumably, if set up properly, you can get 16e fine? are there many freebies or descramblable (**word of the day**) channels for the prem stuff on there?

Am tempted by this on ebay & would welcome any advice. Don't really want to spend big money as my setup is across the burn and through the wood about 100m away.......
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SuperJack-DiS...ryZ29783QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
The motor will certainly be capable of carrying your dish and if your receiver has diseqc 1.2 or USALS will move the dish to where you want it.
Cannot answer any of your other questions though.
PR

Begtets

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyStar2 receiver, 88cm Triax dish, Moteck 2100A motor, Vista MCE x86 (1TB), Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T, lots of X10 etc
My Location
Hull, UK
You can get almost all the premiership matches using SS2 with vplug or s2emu.
use goalzz or LJ's TV guides to see which channels carry which matches.
Most matches are shown on multiple channels, so although you can't view all encrypted channels, you can usually find one somewhere if you have a motorised system.
EG, the Manchester match on Saturday is being broadcast on 22 channels. Some of those channels broadcast on multiple satellites. Looking at the list on LJ's site, I'd probably watch it on TPS (hotbird 13e), but you have that already.

Bear in mind that the commentary is rarely in english, so I have to pause the sat feed until the UK radio5 live feed catches up with the action, to watch and listen at the same time.