Need steel satellite support pipe

mbahundra

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Beta receiver
My Location
London
Hello, new user here, this is a very basic request, I've just moved into a new house and there's a dish on the wall pointing at Astra 2 and I'd like to point it at Atlantic Bird 3. Now, it's set on the wall and the house is aligned in such a way (ie the house wall runs about N-S and AB3 is at 188) that I'm going to have to raise the dish a little to get a view over the roofline.

The steel pipe on which the satellite is mounted is too short, and I need a new one. Where can I get one? All the installation companies I've called won't sell me one (obviously, they want to install it themselves). Where do I go?

I went through this once before and ended up having to go to a steelworks and it took about a month to mill me a piece of steel (or something like that). There must be an easier way. Any suitable piece of steel pipe of the right length will do. Where do you get it from? I'm in south London, nearby would be useful.

I hesitate to relocate the dish to the south end of the wall, partly because I'd be moving it closer to trees, partly because it's not my house, and partly because it seems like more work than is necessary.

Thanks.

Iain.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Any scaffolding companies nearby??

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yep, scaffold poles are ideal. I just went through the yellow pages, and rung a few of them up until I found one that would sell me one. You shouldn't have a problem in London. Quid a foot I was charged,cash. I got two.

If you can't find one I can give you the name of one near me, it is in Shorne.

Robbo:)

vk7ae

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 set top boxes, 1 C band 2.3m dish 2 Ku band dishes 80cm and 1.8 mtr
My Location
Australia
Try any scrap metal yards, they sell steel pipe by weight. Much material like this is recycled. Hence the motto, Reduce, ReUse, Recycle is always my first mantra.

mbahundra

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Beta receiver
My Location
London
Well, of course, scaffolding. I knew that, I just wanted to see if anyone else would think of it. :)