need technical advise please .

elgazzar52

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STRONG 4620x
My Location
Egypt
:-worship Merry Chrismass to all friends

I have a strange problem with my STRONG srt 4620x Receiver . it is just happens yestrday . All channels ( almost 16 channels)on NILE SAT which has Frequancy of (11.843 GHz , Horizoontal) has been behave strangely , they do not appears directly when I select any one of them , the screen shows ( bad or NO signal) . I have to wait for a minute until they show up again .

also when I go to another channel and come back again to that channel it behave the same strange behaviour.

All other channels on the receiver are working perfect.

Could someone explain to me why that happenes and how to resolve this problem>

thanks and best Regards

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Could be many things really however most likely from described symptoms are

lnb beginning to fail
Dish has taken a small knock taking it out of true alignment
Cable damaged/deteriorating and allowing moisture ingress, (even I know it occasionally rains in Egypt this time of year)

Only way is trial and error to eliminate the above

elgazzar52

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STRONG 4620x
My Location
Egypt
Hi Topper and Meryy Christmas

well , the only point is that problem happened only for Channels having frequency of (11,843 H ) on NILE SAT. The rest of Channels ( more than 500 channels) are working perfectly .

so assuming if there is somthing wrong with LNB , Cable etc. . it would affect all frequencies of other channels and not only single frequency like my case >

I beleive to update the software again .because the last update added was on last October 2008 . since that time I had noticed some funy things happens like the receiver is shutting its self and open again ??

Anyhow thanks again for the advice and waiting for your openion.
Regards

elgazzar52

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STRONG 4620x
My Location
Egypt
Topper said:
Could be many things really however most likely from described symptoms are

lnb beginning to fail
Dish has taken a small knock taking it out of true alignment
Cable damaged/deteriorating and allowing moisture ingress, (even I know it occasionally rains in Egypt this time of year)

Only way is trial and error to eliminate the above
-----------------------------------------------------
Hi Topper and Meryy Christmas

well , the only point is that problem happened only for Channels having frequency of (11,843 H ) on NILE SAT. The rest of Channels ( more than 500 channels) are working perfectly .

so assuming if there is somthing wrong with LNB , Cable etc. . it would affect all frequencies of other channels and not only single frequency like my case >

I beleive to update the software again .because the last update added was on last October 2008 . since that time I had noticed some funy things happens like the receiver is shutting its self and open again ??

Anyhow thanks again for the advice and waiting for your openion.
Regards

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Have you (or a close neighbour) bought a new cordless house phone lately ... have there been any new mobile phone masts etc.. erected nearby recently? (mobile phone reception just improved?) or is there any new electrical device that might cause interference or mains cable run near a satellite cable, any severe kinks in leads or loose f connectors…

elgazzar52

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STRONG 4620x
My Location
Egypt
Hi Pedro, Merry Christmas

Thanks for your replay , But I can not understand why is this problem happened with this particular Frequancy ( 11.843 Horizontal ) . on NILESAT .

On other word , All channels (16 channels) with that specific frequancy mentioned above has got the same problem , while the rest of channels with differant frequancies ( almost 480 channels ) on NILESAT are working perfectly.

I know this is strange , but that is the case ?

Thanks again . and best regards

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Merry Christmas elgazzar52

Something like a cordless phone is thought to be capable of affecting just one frequency like that.