Need to get NILESAT in Lagos, Nigeria

Gamal90

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I am looking for a dish
My Location
Nigeria, West Africa
Dear All,
I am looking for your assistance if you know anybody in Lagos who can assist me by installing NILESAT in my flat.
My e-mail is: REMOVED

Thank you

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Hi Gamal ( and Hi All as 1st post)

If you are still around/interested, I can put you in touch with an installer in Lagos who can set up Nilesat (and/or MyTV on Intelsat or DSTV on Eutelsat).

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Post is adapted version of response to a PM

[QUOTEa]Hello,

Please can you link me up with someone in Lagos who's involved in FTA Satellite installations and advise me on the costs involved.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi, sorry I didn't see your message on time. Yes I can link you up with someone and I will see him tomorrow to confirm from him that I should release his number. (I am in Lagos presently as well)

On the information you requested, let me outline three options:

1. DSTV: strictly speaking, this is NOT FTA as you have to pay monthly either N2,500 or some nonsense like N10,000 depending on the package you choose.

2. MyTV; this is PARTLY FTA and partly pay; if you stick to the FTA for this, it will be your cheapest option as you will not have to pay any monthly charges once it has been set up. However, the only really good entertainment channel on the FTA here is etv which you should get for 'free' but the other stations are mostly religious programme stations.

3. The Nilesat option: This can be totally FTA; but you can also choose to pay for subscription to some channels. With this, you should get many more channels for free and some of them are very good BUT the majority of channels will not be in English but other foreign languages. This will also be the most expensive to set up initially because a much larger dish is required.

For the first two options the costs are as follows:

DSTV: (a) dish about N8,000 + (:cool: Receiver about N12,000 + (c) installation about N4000 + (d) DSTV card about N10,000. Total is about N35,000 then you pay monthly charges. However, DSTV has a deal presently where you pay N35,000, they set everything up and they give you some months free. This is NOT such a good deal though because if you don't pay them afterwards, your receiver is useless unlike the receiver that a private installer will provide.

MYTV: (a) dish about N8,000 + (:cool: Receiver about N12,000 + (c) installation about N4000 + (d) MYTV card about N2,500. Total is about N26,000 then you pay monthly charges if you want more than just the FTA channels.

Nilesat: (a) dish about N20000-30000 (not really sure) + Receiver etc roughly as with previous two except installation charges may be higher and it is up to you whether to buy any card at all.

Hope this helps: I will also put up an adapted version of this on the main site in case it might also help someone else.

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK
Correction to one aspect of above post:

DSTV does NOT "set everything up"; instead they provide dish, receiver etc and you then have to find and pay an installer separately.

aldac12

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE
My Location
ghana
Hey BigTee,
Wassup? I am looking for a 4m fiberglass dish. Can your friend help? I need it for testing in Cotonou
Cheers.
aldac

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK
Sorry mate, the chap doesn't do such dishes --- or know much about them fo that matter.

SHEHU A S

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite installer computer literate
My Location
Nigeria
I want to inform you that I [my company] install all kinds of satellite: nilesat, DSTV, My TV, motorised systems $ other multifeed satellites. We are based in Abuja but carry out our services all over Nigeria. 08069452653 http.shehuas2006. Thanks.:)

anaq55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500ci+ 1mtre dish.
My Location
enfield middlesex
what is the size type dish u use in nigeria