Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Got this tip off another forum so kudos to the guy who posted it :)

Get a lite copy of Nero 9 free here:

_http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero9-free.php

No restrictions, no time limit :-worship

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Nice, I've been looking for a new version of nero on the cheap, and free is perfectly cheap, a Yorkshireman's favourite price (though I'm not from Yorkshire!!!)... :D

Downloading now... :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
That's Nero Lite (Yuk: Light, I think they mean), but a freebie nevertheless: Also downloading.

Requires EMail address, so I gave them yours :-rofl2

...........and I am a Yorkshireman.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Actually I cocked up and put my real address in by mistake (failed to pay attention while using the Paste EMail facility in Firefox) - but I got an acknowledgement EMail with a Confirmation Link for Nero News.

It says if you don't want to subscribe, don't activate the link, which is a lucky escape.

Strange way of harvesting.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Hmm, installs the "Nero askDOTcom" search toolbar whether you want it or not, but, you can easily uninstall it afterwards... :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes, I've just been poring over the associated Splash Screen looking for the "No, Thanks" button.

There wasn't one!

But I assumed it'd be like the dreaded Yah Boo Toolbar and easily binned. Thanks for confirming that!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Tivù said:
Yes, I've just been poring over the associated Splash Screen looking for the "No, Thanks" button.

There wasn't one!

But I assumed it'd be like the dreaded Yah Boo Toolbar and easily binned. Thanks for confirming that!

Yeah, I was looking for the "Skip" or "No thanks" option too for a minute, but, they sneakily forgot to add it, but as I say, there is a seperate option to uninstall it in the Add/Remove programs list... :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Done (Perhaps we have been) :)

portly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Bush freesat hd box, iss 70cm dish,single passion lnb , goodmans GDB15HD freeview box
My Location
heathrow
Well theyve got yer email address to flog to some one:-HoHo dont need to put correct email address in anyway, i didnt

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Use something like Guerrillamail for this kind of thing. It allows you to set up a temporary email address which is good enough for activating accounts your not sure of, or any other dodgy stuff you might be up to ;) .....it will expire in an hour if you don't reactivate it.

_http://www.guerrillamail.com/

As for Nero, I don't see why you would want to install that bloated piece of **** on your computer. Its definitely the sledge hammer for killing spiders. :)

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
I'm still using good old 6.3.11 version... Will this new version bring me something really new and needed? :)

portly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Bush freesat hd box, iss 70cm dish,single passion lnb , goodmans GDB15HD freeview box
My Location
heathrow
By the way it dosnt install the toolbar, it has check boxes for it , so just uncheck them:-thumbup worked for me:-googly
How ever my av did flag it as a virus "comodo av"?