New analogue set up

Big_Cheese

Reaction score
Hi folks!
I've decided I need to upgrade my TV system, and wondered if forum readers had any recommendations. I have an analogue dish and an old Pace receiver. I also have a freeview box. I'm looking to add a DVD recorder to my system, so that I can record from the freeview and also the German channels on analogue satellite. I think I'll probably need a new TV with more Scarts. Anyone have any thoughts on the best way to set this up?
Cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Many of the current crop of DVD recorders have multiple scart inputs, so you may be able to stick with the TV you have. :)

Big_Cheese

Reaction score
Thanks for that. The TV only has two scarts though, so I think I'll need to upgrade won't I?

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Scart switching box???. Cheaper than a new TV !!

L.:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
May not even need a switcher, most DVD recorders have at least two scart sockets, plus a set of RCA phono inputs, so you use one to the TV and the other two from the Freeview and the Analogue receiver.

Big_Cheese

Reaction score
rolfw said:
May not even need a switcher, most DVD recorders have at least two scart sockets, plus a set of RCA phono inputs, so you use one to the TV and the other two from the Freeview and the Analogue receiver.
Cheers for that. I'll see what I can manage.

Big_Cheese

Reaction score
rolfw said:
My researches have led me to the Sony RDR-HXD710 DVD recorder with HD and built in Freeview tuner. This looks like the most elegant solution, don't you think?