Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Huevos said:
I don't know what "launch levels" means

For a cascade multiswitch arrangement or larger system, the signal will be launched to account for passive losses in the switch network.

Most spectrum analysers will measure upto around 120dBuV.

smartypants69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky plus laptop
My Location
eastbourne
yes after launch amplifiers signals levels sometimes go off the screen on current meter so i attenuate it down
does anyone know the release date on the emitor combolook hd? cant seem to get it up on google just 'coming soon'

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
smartypants69 said:
does anyone know the release date on the emitor combolook hd? cant seem to get it up on google just 'coming soon'
Just ring up Emitor and ask them directly, or email them. I was told at least four weeks when I asked. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Truth is though I was after a shortly-to-be-released combo meter from another company. It had been advertised on their site for more than a year and I'd been ringing since last September (8 months ago) to get one. Every few weeks I called and was always told it will be out in six weeks. After 8 months I saw the HD Satlook and Combolook so I tried to buy the Combolook but since it wasn't out yet and I didn't want to get caught up in another waiting game I got the Satlook. Now I'm glad the other company kept me dangling because I've probably got a much better instrument.